Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Island dweller

Bad news. She has an extremely large cancerous tumour. I've taken her home to die and she's laying next to me. The trip seems to have made her a lot worse. She can't hold herself up anymore and she won't even swallow the apple sauce I'm trying to feed her. My poor baby. I'm hoping that she's just exhausted and will sleep a bit and then I can get her to eat. The vet said she's not suffering though and I don't think so either. I'm weepy. She keeps trying to stand up but can't so I have her propped up against my leg so she's more upright.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Don't encourage me..

Oh, i'm so sorry!!! *I've started to cry too!!* At least she will be with you when her times comes!! {{{Hugs from me and licks from Gussie}}}

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Island dweller

Thanks. That's sweet. It's horrible losing them. I don't know if I'll have more. It's so tough.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Don't encourage me..

I haven't had another Rabbit since the Fox got Smokey Joe!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-14-2005, 07:17 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

oh Saje..i am soooo sorry..just so sorry for all your sorrows..cancer sucks..it took my Bronki and it took my Jim. I wish i could give you a hug. not that it would change a thing.. i wish there was. something that would make it all go away and be better. Dang it all.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Island dweller

Thanks guys. She's gone now. I'm so sad. I was holding her though. I hope that helped. We buried her in the woods behing the house. It's really nice there. I may go back and put some stones on it so dogs can't dig her up. That's a fear of mine.

I showed her body to the other two bunnies. My mom used to do that with our cats so that they understood what had happened. But they seemed to get REALLY upset about it. I think bunnies my be different because they are so 'pack' oriented. They both kept sniffing her and poking her like they wanted her to get up. And Mika tried to climb up on her. I had to take her away. She kept sticking her nose on Chiclet's eye. It distrubed me. And then Steve said that maybe I had told them that I had killed Chiclet! I hope that's not true!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Island dweller

Here she is. My baby girl.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Big Mutts

I am so sorry! Surely the others don't think you killed her (sounds just like something my James would say) They know how much you love them. I'm sure it did help to have you holding her, that's how I felt when we had Smokey put down. I had to be with him, it probably made you feel a lil' better too.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Island dweller

Yeah. Although she had seizures before/as she was dying. I was trying to hold her still (gently) because it was quite violent.

I don't know what the others think.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Big Mutts

AAAWW, I'm sorry (again) I know it's so hard losing them, any kind of animal. Well I am sure they don't think that, they prob. sensed something was wrong with her.