Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Felurian

Now that's just plain dangerous!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Don't encourage me..

Speaking as a horse owner, (who has a dog who happily trots alongside) There is nothing worse than a bad mannered dog when out riding!! I think worse than Barking are the dogs that get between the horses legs!! Yeah there are people who let their dogs do that!! It doesn't really bother us as Cavan (the horse) is 100 % totally dog proof, But if I'm riding my friends mare, i'm likely to get ditched!! I hate inconsiderate people!!! There's no excuse for it!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-18-2005, 08:42 PM
boxers-r-us

Another bad thing I hate when riding is something I encounter a lot here...sometimes we have to cross roads to get to certain trails and you have your horse trottin along side a road and this LOUD/FAST car comes barreling by like your not even there, it's worse when they stop and start talking without turnig their car off, the whole time your horse is going crazy prancing around and they don't have the common sense to either slow down or leave. (my horse doesn't mind but not all horses are trained around that and get spooked easy or are young horses, but because horses are common here that's not as bad as >>> Or when we pass a 4-wheeler trail and people come barreling by on 4 wheelers like your not there - usually it's on our land they don't have permission to be on too. It's pretty bad when you can't enjoy a nice quiet ride on your own trails on your own property for "hoodlems" out joy riding and littering and purpously riding by your horses to see if they can make someones buck up so someone will fall off. We've had to call the cops a time or two. We caught someone camping out making drugs one trip.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Top Dog

I hated it when they honked as they passed you. !!! Idiots !!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
boxers-r-us

Oh I forgot about that one - think people, think!! Geez!!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:12 PM
~3 Mutts~

OMG! People don't have any common sense.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Don't encourage me..

I had a really bad experience once with some kids hiding in a bush, and they jumped out in front of my friends horse Meynall (we used to call him Mental!) (I was on him) he was a really highly strung ex racer and he went mental! I'm sure I did 4 laps of the forest before I stopped!! Normally a lap takes over an hour, I was going round in about 10 mins!! Oh you should have heard what I said to those kids when I caught up with them!! I was not best pleased!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-19-2005, 07:27 AM
~3 Mutts~

Sounds like something those kids that were throwing stones at Luv4Pits would do...jump out at someone's horse! What the heck is wrong with people?!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Top Dog

Yesh....how can anybody be so stupid? Sometimes I wish that the people that were doing things like that would get kicked by the horse or would get bit by the dog, but I know that that would probably cause more problems.
Don't you wish parents would actually teach their children how to respect animals?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:59 PM
~3 Mutts~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose's Gal
Don't you wish parents would actually teach their children how to respect animals?
Yes. I wish that almost every day, in fact.