Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Pit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups View Post
From what you've said he sounds like a pet quality pup and should be neutered.
You are my new best friend Did you get a heart?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemikal View Post
My dog has a tendancy to think hes a cat. He is not fixed. When the cat walks past him he has a tendancy to smell her butt. Is there anyone else thats had this problem? Does anyone know anything about correcting this problem? I have tried everything. I've tried seperating the cats and dogs. I've tried scolding him.

Hes a 6 year old Cockerspaniel.
Lol sorry but your post made me laugh a little. Dogs sniff other dogs butts and cats butts......and even sometimes people butts. Its normal.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 11-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemikal View Post
Yeah, I am debating about doing that. I want a mate him though. I cant find a fullblooded Cockerspaniel to do that. I want him to have puppies. I wont sell them though if he does. I ll donate them to the elderly that need companionship. I believe a life isnt worth money. You cant put a price on someones happiness. After all god put everything on this earth for a reason and money isnt one of them to me.
Oh, so are you planning on buying another cocker? If not, after all the money that goes into breeding a female and risk, I highly doubt you will have control over the puppies or be able to donate them. That would be up to the bitch's owner to make that determination.

I think you should HIGHLY consider neutering your dog. At 6 years old, his chance of testicular and prostate cancer is climbing... Breeding is a ton of work and a huge responsibility. It should not be taken lightly. Bitches and puppies die all the time from responsible, well thought out breedings. Why would you want to take that chace? Love your dog for who he is, he doesn't need puppies....
Old 11-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Pit Lover

Beautifully said.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Harumph™©®

The shelters are already full of puppies dogs just waiting for the elderly who need companionship. Many of them come from first time breeders who thought they could give their puppies to people in need of companionship. Yet no one comes. Then they euthanise to make room for more puppies who are waiting for the elderly who need companionship.....

Please don't add to the cycle. This is not a good idea for you, your dog or the puppies ...and definitely not for the puppies who came before them whose time is running out.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Top Dog

If you are interested in donating an animal to an elderly person, why dont you sponsor a dog from your local shelter and ask that it be placed in a retirement home? Or help an elderly person pay for the adoption fee for a dog from the shelter?

There are TONS of cocker spaniels in shelters & to be honest if you plan on giving them to elderly people, that is not very safe. The elderly person is going to pass away and who is going to care for the dog? In most cases it will be your local high kill shelter. You dont want your pups to be in there.

As a sidenote, senior citizens dont want a puppy. They want an older dog who is calm, housebroken and not very much trouble.

Please neuter your doggy..As someone said his chances for cancer increase the longer he isnt neutered.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Harumph™©®

AdoptAShelterPetToday:
Old 11-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Top Dog

This is very normal.

Also as a side note, please breed the dog. If this is not a registered show dog then there is no reason to leave him intact and put him at risk for many diseases and possible early death. There are already way to many puppies in this world. If you want to know more or proof just visit www.petfinder.com
Old 11-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by misticaleclipse View Post
This is very normal.

Also as a side note, please breed the dog. If this is not a registered show dog then there is no reason to leave him intact and put him at risk for many diseases and possible early death. There are already way to many puppies in this world. If you want to know more or proof just visit www.petfinder.com
LMAO! I'm sure you didn't mean to but you just typed "Please breed the dog." Good post though.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:33 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

before i got my dog fixed he would mount the rabbits