another flea question

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
is it okay if i give Ruckus a bath before putting on the flea medication? not a flea bath, i just feel he needs a bath.
i am scared it would wash off his natural oils and make him more likely to have a reaction to the advantage i plan on using. of course i would dry him completely before applying the advantage.

elegy

overdogged
he shouldn't be bathed within 48 hours of applying (either before or after). washing off the oils won't make him more likely to have a reaction, but the product depends on those oils to spread properly, so you'll make it less effective.

elegy

overdogged
unless he's really dirty, i'd just apply the advantage, personally. flea shampoo will kill what fleas are on him, but has no lasting protection against fleas in the environment. as soon as you wash it off, it's gone and fleas can hop back on.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
You can apply it after words as long as they're dry. We do this a lot and have never had a complaint.

In fact most clients like the convenience of us doing the bath/flea control application. Have a couple that come in every month for just that.

And obviously applying it before the bath is a waste.

B

Bobsk8

You can apply it after words as long as they're dry. We do this a lot and have never had a complaint.

In fact most clients like the convenience of us doing the bath/flea control application. Have a couple that come in every month for just that.

And obviously applying it before the bath is a waste.
I have had 3 different Vets tell me specifically to wait 48 hours after a bath before applying either Frontline or Advantix or the application won't work as well.

Members online