Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 11-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Active Pup

Thanks a lot for everyone's opinion and here is a little update.

He visited the vet the next day, he pooped at the vet right before he saw the doctor and it was already not as watery as the day before. Vet said there is nothing wrong with his poop except a little more bacteria than usual. Gave us some med and canned food. Vet also told us the dog won't poop for a day or two after eating those food and med (Which seem very weird to me)

He is still super active even tho he was having diaherra. He drinks a lot of water and everything seem normal. He looks like he is in better shape than my gf because my gf had to take him out couple times the night he had diaherra.

So far so good. Also, we are feeding him IAMS right now, will definitely buy another brand this weekend and switch him slowly. Will probably look into nature choice or Chicken meal
Old 11-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Active Pup

I think we finally found the source of the problem.

My puppy is eating too fast. Monday, he throw up right after he ate and had more diaherra.

Tuesday, he had diaherra again and we decided to give him the food a bit by bit so he doesn't eat too fast and now he poops normal and doesn't have anymore problems.

So, my next question is...How do you stop your dog from eating too fast..?
Old 11-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Top Dog

Ok don't laugh..

Puli, there's actually a bowl made by I forget which company (I'll check for you) that is supposedly very affective for dogs that eat too fast...it has ridges so it prevents the dog from gorging on the food...maybe you can take a look..
Old 11-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Top Dog

Here's one type of bowl I was talking about:
http://www.brake-fast.net
Old 11-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Yorkie Love

put a big rubber ball in your pets dish.. they have to work hard to get the food around the ball and it forces them to eat slower.

or you can spread the food out in a long line down the kitchen floor, they will be forced to eat slower, as they cant get it all in one bite.

You could also spread the food out into smaller meals throughout the day.

Good Luck

Elissa