Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Kiss&Tell

Awwww you guys are so sweet!!

But I already know not to buy from a pet store.

I got Binn from a breeder and Stella from a rescue center.

The only reason I visit Petland is to play with the pups.. they dont get any love and attention couped up all day behind that glass window.. its a loving break for them that I can give them
My page: http://www.myspace.com/irishdancer2
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Bobsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIrishWolfie View Post
Awwww you guys are so sweet!!

But I already know not to buy from a pet store.

I got Binn from a breeder and Stella from a rescue center.

The only reason I visit Petland is to play with the pups.. they dont get any love and attention couped up all day behind that glass window.. its a loving break for them that I can give them
That's very nice of you to do that!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Puppy Dog

I'm so glad it's not allowed here, I think it would kill me to see the pups every time I nipped in for some supplies. It's bad enough seeing the smaller animals here!

The local shelter has fun dog shows to raise funds, and each time I go I just want to take every dog home. It's heart wrenching.

I think it's lovely that you give up your spare time to give those poor pups a quick cuddle.

I've been frosted!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

I do too Irish Wolfe! I figure they can at least get out and stretch their legs and have some company. Just the other day I played with a lhasa apso that i happened to fall in love with. I was sad leaving her, but felt like at least she got some love that day..

www.lppboutique.com
Old 11-14-2006, 06:30 PM
What you lookin at?

PHP Code:
Petland is the last place I would get a dog fromThe dogs are treated horribly 
NO I do not agree with petstores or Mills, but I do not agree with you saying they are treated horribly I worked at one for quite some time am I proud of that NO but let me tell you they were NOT treated horribly. Maybe in ones you have been at but thats what you see from the outside.

~Alisha
Old 11-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

The petstore here seems to be treating the dogs ok, but again what do I know. Definitely overpriced also, but they don't look sick, I guess that's something. I refuse to spend a penny there anymore, but I go occasionally to play with the pups too. I figure a little bit of good socialization can't hurt. I really hate it when someone is considering a pup though... I really try hard not to yell them to stop and start my anti-puppy mill speech.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Twin 2.0

I'm with the crowd that refuses to patronize stores that sell puppies. I almost got myself kicked out of "Land of Paws" up here, because at the time they were the only place I knew that carried Innova anywhere near me. Did some looking, found a grooming boutique that was even cheaper and I now buy my food with a clear conscience.

But I used to go and give the puppies at the petstore in my college town as much attention as I could...it was a mutual thing.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Top Dog

When I was at the pet store last Friday night and as I was handing the little lhasa girl back over to an employee (while wishing I could run out with her <3) I noticed an older man who I'm sure is the owner. He asked me if I was taking her home, and I said that I'd love to, but I don't support puppy mills. He acted all appalled and was like our dogs come from good quality breeders. I was like really? Well I bought a yorkie- POO from here about 5 months ago, and when I looked up his information he was indeed from a well known mill so I'm sorry if I disagree.

www.lppboutique.com
Old 11-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Please don't get a puppy from Petland... they are from puppymills... and the Hunte Corp is the broker between them.
This is why I don't go into pet stores that sell puppies... they make me really sad. If no one purchased these puppies, then the puppymills would be forced to shut down and so many puppies' lives would be saved.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Pit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIrishWolfie View Post
OMG.. the little guy is all kinds of cuteness.. he's so adorable!!!!

I want to buy him so badly but he's so overpriced and I know.. I know.. its Petland.

Petland kills me.. they have all these cool breeds but their all too much. I visit the dogs about once a week, and every time I'm in there.. there are always a ton of people, but I never see anyone taking animals home... probably because their all overpriced.. but still.. seems weird.

Gawwwd. You're talking about this dog like it's merchanise