Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Big Dog

Default food for thought

I went to "Pet Value" today it's a pet food and accessories store. there they have a food named Natural Balance
here is their website http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com
there are 4 kinds that I got samples from; potato & fish, potato & duck, venison & brown rice and vegetarian.
I made 4 piles with only 10 grains in each from each kind. she ate # 2 which was potato & duck but really liked venison & brown rice. then she ate the potato fish and well when nothing was left she ate the vegetarian one. I know what she likes is not really what she will be able to eat,...but I just wanted to see the one she would like best. I sent the website to you guys so you could check it out and tell me what you think of this kind of food.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Water Junkie

I know that some...well one person on here thinks it is the BEST food for dogs

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Yorkie Love

It is a fairly decent food...

Some people on here feed it...

You can get better quality for the money. However if this is all that is available in your area it is better then grocery store foods.

Elissa
Old 11-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Big Dog

Oh no I don't feed her grocery store stuff YARK!!! I'm just looking into something in case we end up having to do an allergy thing cause we think that she may have food allergies that's why she keeps getting ear infections and between her toes is raw well she keeps chewing at it.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

I need help with the food issues actually.

I've been buying toy breed Iams and Beneful "wet" food and giving them the Beneful 1/2 can each once at night and the Iams free feeding.

I'm not sure what kind of food I SHOULD be getting. I thought Iams was quality, but I guess not

www.lppboutique.com
Old 11-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Big Dog

years ago, you could only find iams at the vet well here in Ontario anyhow now from what I hear, it's gotten to be a lesser brand. But as you I'm looking for a good food mind you for Ginger, I need an hypoallergenic food
Old 11-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Top Dog

Farley & Chloe get the Natural Balance Potato & Duck. I originally started using it as it was recommended to use it to try to decrease or eliminate Chloe's seizures. It has worked great for that but it has also helped with Farley's allergies. He no longer battles the itchies and while his eyes do still get goopy they aren't as bad as they were.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisykris View Post

I've been buying toy breed Iams and Beneful "wet" food and giving them the Beneful 1/2 can each once at night and the Iams free feeding.

I'm not sure what kind of food I SHOULD be getting. I thought Iams was quality, but I guess not
The food you are feeding now are just "fillers" no good things about those foods

I would try any of these......

Canidae

Eagles Pack

Innova

These are the "best" foods out there!

I am feeding Canidae All Life Stages Chicken and Rice Formula....and they are doing GREAT on it!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Pit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamie View Post
Oh no I don't feed her grocery store stuff YARK!!! I'm just looking into something in case we end up having to do an allergy thing cause we think that she may have food allergies that's why she keeps getting ear infections and between her toes is raw well she keeps chewing at it.
Oh! I had to switch Dulce's food because of allergies. HORRIBLE allergies.

I went from Innova, to Eukanuba Veterinary Diets: Fish & Potato..Prescription only. Haven't had any problems since. Dogs seems to really like fish.

Iw ould say Natural Balance, Fish & Potato would be great for your dog if he has allergies. Natural Balance isn't that bad of a food.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Pit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisykris View Post

Iams and Beneful are two of the CRAPPIEST foods out there!! (IMO)

I hope nobody jumps down my throat for saying so, but, they are very poor quality foods, filled with fillers, and do not hold any nutritional value