Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default Teddy has to go to the vet today.

Poor Teddy. I think he might have an ear infection. He has been pretty sensitive around the area the past little while (although over the past few days they don't seem as sensitive as they were) He keeps shaking his head. I clean his ears and in one ear I get a lot of this nasty wax. I clean them a couple days later becuase that one ear is full of the nasty wax again. but I can't tell if they stink or if it's just the dog LOL. I haven't given him a bath since I have noticed his head shaking. so he's a little stinky lol.

So off to the vet today.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Dog Show Addict

uh oh poor Teddy..

let us know hwo it goes!
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 11-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Top Dog

AWWW poor teddy. It seems like the ear infection is going around. Bear just got over one about a week ago. We caught his before it got really bad.

I hope teddy feels better soon!

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura
Old 11-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We are back from the vet. he has a yeast infection in his ear. the vet says they are most commonly (this time of year)caused by an allergy of some sort. Teddy is just the right age to start developing allergies but as of right now it is not a cause for concern. he doesn't chew his feet raw and other than the ear infection there aren't any other indications that this is a problem for him. he said its likely just something like grass or pollen but isn't a cause for concern.

He has to have a topical ointment put in his right ear twice a day. he likes it because it means he gets his ear massaged LOL.

We are very happy with this vets office we go to. We have had two different Dr's but they have both been superb. Very good with Teddy, very informative, they do throurough checks. LOL poor Teddy had to get his temp taken today.... and you know what that means LOL.

Teddy was all over the vet with love and kisses but once he experienced the thermometer in a not so nice place he wouldn't even accept a treat from the vet LOL. he took the treat and spit it out on the floor. HAHA the vet laughed and sent the treats home with us lol.... Teddy ate them in the car lol.

AND... Teddy even got on the scale with out a fuss. usually he won't even step up on it let alone stay on it. But today I told him "here" and he got right up on the scale and stood perfectly still. 71.3 lbs That is one pound up from last time.

so Teddy should be good as new soon

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Water Junkie

Oh poor guy...ear infections are the worst! Lizzie feels his pain...she has had them before!

Glad you have such a good vet and Teddy likes him...well except for that one tinny detail

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l