Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

Reading how you would teach a dog to rollover was how I taught Blackie. He LOVES to rollover now, and if he wants a treat, he'll go through his sit, laydown, rollover, sit again exercise. lol It is pretty funny. And when he is really hyper, if I tell him to laydown, he'll laydown, and then rollover. I need to work on that....lol
Old 04-20-2005, 03:05 PM
~3 Mutts~

Emma, that was terrific! Thanks for sharing that!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Island dweller

I tried to teach maverick to roll over once. It wasn't successful. I think it's hard on his large bones. I didn't bother because he wasn't fond of it. I bet mikey or Nanook would do it easily though
Old 04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
BusterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
Sometimes it helps to sit down with your family and actually write the 'dog rules' out. We have ours hanging on our fridge so no one forgets what the dogs can and can't do. (CreatureTeacher)
WE have a problem with that. Sophie is an "outside dog" and quite happy, daisy is an inside dog and she is happy, everyone ecepts that, but NOT anyone has any idea what buster is. Sometimes he is allowed in, others he gets yelled at by my dad, so he sneaks around the house when he is allowd in and when hes not he gets introuble. the hole system is screwed.

he comes in and sleeps on my bed and i have to take him outside, plus my sister and i get in trouble for letting him in when we dont know the rules either. He worries about us way to much, i think he should be allowed in the house. Sophie is better at guarding the house, and buster the people. Daisy "sounds the alert" lol

Old 04-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Big Dog

Thanks Emma! So glad this is here...I was wondering how to proceed with Roll Over!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

Mrose, you really should sit down with your family and get that cleared up. It's not fair to Buster. He's probably worried sick that he'll break the rules and get in trouble, but he never knows for sure what the rules are!