Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-14-2005, 12:08 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sweetnopichick
gaddy, would you be willing to send me some of the info your using (or maybe some web sites I could go to or something to get some info)? I would love to make fliers/brochures too but I'm unsure on the type of info to use/give. I've thought about it for a long time and I have several locations I'd like to leave them but I'm kinda clueless on how to start - I can handle the actual layout part pretty well, it's the info to put there that I need a jump start on .
Sure!! I'd be glad to.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:20 PM
~3 Mutts~

That's a terrific idea!! There are a ton of puppy stores about an hour from where I live. I walked into one, and walked out crying. Those puppies were being kept in cages that were too small, had runny noses and eyes (probably a few with Parvo, too) and when I tried to sneak my hand through the bars, to play with a puppy that was starved for attention , the mexican owner just yelled at me, and tapped on a sign that said "Please don't touch the puppies" or something like that. It was sickening.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290
I feel so left out ....I have NEVER seen any dogs for sale in pets stores, other than the ones at petsmart, but that's different.
I have to take back my earlier comment, unfortunately. I haven't actually seen the puppies in a pet store, but I was talking to my cousin on the phone yesterday, she is 14 yrs., and she was telling me about these really cute puppies she saw in a pet store near her house. She lives in the same state as I do, about an hours drive away. I never saw these puppies before and she said it was just a little store with about 5 puppies. One beagle, and 4 poodle puppies. Well I asked her if she knew what a puppy mill was and she said No. I told her all about it and that stores like that get puppies from these puppy mills. She wasn't too impressed with my speech, but when I show her some images of the puppy mills she WILL change her mind. I know she will.
Since I have never had a situation like this, I was wondering if there was something I could do to help stop this store from getting business. Gaddy would you be willing to e-mail me a copy of your flier's so I can print them out and hand them to people or hang them up where I can?
Old 04-14-2005, 03:56 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sweetnopichick
oh thank you thank you thank you!!! If you want you can pm anything you want to share to me or you can e-mail them to me...I think my e-mail address is listed in my profile but just incase it's [email protected] or [email protected]. I'll get it at either one. And of course - no rush either. Thanks again - I really appreciate it!!
You're welcome .

If anyone has any puppy pictures they are willing to let me use on the flier, I would be soo very grateful!!
Just sleeping.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:29 PM
boxers-r-us

I have a ton of pictures of my dogs but none of what we're doing. I'll see what I can round up...feel free to use what ever I find!!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:31 PM
no touchy

Thanks.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:33 PM
no touchy

http://www.hsus.org/pets/issues_affe...n_puppy_mills/

http://stoppuppymills.org/

Some good information for anyone who is interested. If anyone else wants the pamphlet/flier I'm making, just let me know. It's in Word, so to send it, it'll have to be through email.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:42 PM
boxers-r-us

I'm actually getting excited about this - I know it's not going to change the world but hey...1st steps are always the hardest.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Corgi bum

It breaks my heart to see these poor little puppies in cages in the pet stores. They should be playing and in a house with a family being loved. I myself have never bought a animal from a pet store. The only reason I ever would is just to free them from the awful environment they are in. I just try never to go into one because it makes me sick to see that.