Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Uffda!

Default Some people suck....

I live in an apartment complex and I just went and took Joey to go potty outside. Some neighbors that I never talk to were walking by and one said to the other, "man, that dog's one ugly little mother f'er!" I was stunned! Look at this face, is this an ugly face????

The jerks!!! They could have at least waited until they were out of my earshot to insult my dog.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Top Dog

Your dog is adorable. Some people just don't have an eye for beauty. Trust me, I know...I have 3 pugs LOL!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 AM
nothin' but a hound dog

awww you are right, that was very rude. Don't let some peoples ignorance upset you. Your dog is cute.

Beagle Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Big Dog

Ah No Worries! They more than likely have personal issues, and can't handle the fact that your dog is better looking than they are. Just hold your head up and say Yes he is a fine looking specimine isn't he. You couldn't have done any better! Then hold your head up, proudly and walk away. You know what you have and what is yours. They just can't have him! Done!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Training the Trainer

Good Lord. He's a Boston Terrier, isn't he? IMO they are one of the cutest breeds going! Ignore them - idiots. Some people need petty comments to occupy their petty minds.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Uffda!

Thanks everyone for understanding! I guess it doesn't bother me too bad that they think he's ugly (...it smarts a little though ) I guess I just thought it was really rude to say that knowing full well I could hear them insulting my dog. I know some people don't like snub nosed dogs, but that doesn't mean they should tell the owners that everytime they walk by one. Grrr.....I'd never tell someone their dog was ugly, but I don't think any dog is ugly so I guess that's a moot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubylove View Post
Good Lord. He's a Boston Terrier, isn't he? IMO they are one of the cutest breeds going! Ignore them - idiots. Some people need petty comments to occupy their petty minds.
Yeah, he's a Boston Terrier. Thanks Rubylove, I think you're right. They do have some petty minds.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:08 AM
Top Dog

Your little Joey is simply adorable. Don't you listen to those mean people. They obviously don't now what a cute dog looks like. Everyone used to tell me my pug was so ugly that he was cute... but now people just flat out say my Lola is ugly.. I think Lola is cute in her own little way. And what she doesn't have in beauty.. she definately makes up for with her personality.

It amazes me how insensitive people can be. Would you go up to a mother and say "wow, that is one of the ugliest kids I've ever seen" Of course you wouldn't... and insulting a dogs looks is an insult to the owner. Our dogs are like our family.

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 11-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Harumph™©®

Next time just answer So what's YOUR excuse?
Old 11-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

That's just stupidity and insensitivity on someone else's part. Joey is adorable!!

Aww, and Nancy, Lola is a cutie, too, and I'm sure she has a lovely personality along with it.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:47 AM
nothin' but a hound dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
Next time just answer So what's YOUR excuse?

That's the perfect response. I had a shirt with an ugly little creature, saying, "I was born this way, so what's your excuse?"

Beagle Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.