Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

I'm with the others here . I would have raced out and helped the driver out and assessed the situation. The poor pup would have been better off in your home and under your care than in the back of another home.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I wouldn't have been able to stand there and watch it happen without doing anything. Poor puppy

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Big Dog

I have to apoligise, some people freeze in freakie situations. I just feel that it would have been better off for that poor dog to get help. What if that was a kid or a old person like me.

Would you just stand there and watch? Nope probably not! either way it is about people getting involved and many don't! They are too afraid!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Puppy Dog

Please give us a update. Have the owner's returned? Is the puppy getting help? I really hope you'll let us know what's going on.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Top Dog

OK to let everyone know I did not just stand there and watch. I ran outside but the mother dog would not let me near the pup. the man who hit it was there the entire time with it and apparently knew the people since he knew the dog's names. The owners are out of town for a while and I don't know when they will be back. I saw him up the street a couple hours ago at the neighbor's families house and he had taken the dog with him. I don't know if he took it to a vet or not. He did call the owners though.

I would not have just stood there and watched the dog die. The man was there with it the whole time so it wasn't a hit and run. I was outside with my daughter and my dog with the puppy screaching my dog went nuts. So I had to calm him down and get him inside right away. Since I was home alone I had my daughter too and she is only 3.

I did not just stand there at the window and watch. I was really shaken up as this is the first time I've ever seen anything as horrific as this but I ran outside to help. The mother dog however would not let me near the pup and she growled and bared her teeth at me.

As if I didn't feel bad enough that this happened to a poor puppy I now feel worse after posting this. I wasn't able to do much. I called my hubby at work right after this happened but he wasn't coming home for another couple of hours.

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura

Last edited by 2BlackDogs; 11-10-2006 at 11:44 PM. Reason: sp, wording wrong
Old 11-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Puppy Dog

Sometimes when a person is really upset they dont make things clear. The important thing is, he was trying to do something to help that pup, he contacted the owners and didnt just leave it. Will you give us a update when you find out how the pup is?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleChowChow View Post
Sometimes when a person is really upset they dont make things clear. The important thing is, he was trying to do something to help that pup, he contacted the owners and didnt just leave it. Will you give us a update when you find out how the pup is?
As soon as the owner's come home I'll find out what happened.

If it seemed like I didn't care or that I just stood there and watched the dog suffer, that's not the truth. I tried to help but because the other dogs wouldn't allow me close enough I really couldn't. It's one thing to have 1 mean mama dog growling at you but when you have the mama and 4 others, it's a little scary. I was so upset and shocked after seeing this. I probably shouldn't have posted until I calmed down but being that upset I needed to talk. I called my hubby at work but he couldn't talk long. But seeing that everyone thought I just stood there and did nothing and let the man leave the dog in the yard to die, made it worse. If I left out information in my posts, I'm sorry that what I said made everything think I would do that. If he would have been with me he may have died. I wouldn't have been able to get him to a vet until almost 4 hours after it happened. This man had the ability to get him to a vet alot quicker than I could have.
I just moved into this neighborhood a little over 3 months ago. None of the people around here really know me. When I noticed the guy and talked to him, he didn't want to tell me anything. He knew i was the person who came out there when it happened but he wouldn't really tell me anything. I don't even know the neighbors all that well but I will be sure to talk to them as soon as they get back and find out if he's ok.

Laura
Old 11-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Evil Kitty taco eater

I cant believe people here assumed you didnt care enough to try and help!!
Come on folks we know BSCOTCH!

I hope the pup is ok and recovers soon. I also hope you recover from watching what happend. Things like that can leave a big impression on us.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Top Dog

Thank you Momof7. I've never seen anything at all close to this in my life. I'm still shaken up and it's been hours since it happened. I can't sleep and everytime I try I hear those screams that poor little guy made. It's hard and I feel so bad.

Laura
Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Puppy Dog

I'm sorry if I came off as sounding like I thought you wouldnt help. It makes me angry that the owner's of these dogs left them running around while they were away! What was they thinking?! Now because of it, this man has to be upset over his running over the pup, and you are upset by what you seen and heard, it all could have been avoided had they had them in a fenced in area.
I hope the pup will be ok, let us know when you find out anything.