Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Top Dog

Default OMG I'm freaking out!

I was at my kitchen sink filling up a bucket to get ready to mop the floor. I look out the window because a truck pulled in the neighbor's driveway that I didn't notice around here before. No one is home over there so he got back in his truck to leave after no answer at the door. He was creaping out of the driveway trying not to hit the dogs that are always running loose. He hit one of the dogs!!!! One of the puppies. The pup is about 7 months old. When he started screaching in pain the guy stopped right on top of the dog! I'm sure he didn't mean to do it but he pulled to truck off the dog and the dog wobbled off screaming.

He layed down in some trees and he came over and picked him up and took him back over to the yard across the street. They he tried to make the dog stand up and walk. Each time he fell back down. When he finally did walk, His back legs are all mangled. I'm pretty sure his hips or leg is broke.

He picked him up and took him outback of the house. He hasn't taken him to the vet and I don't know when the homeowners will be home. What is really bothersome if he has a child with him about 10 I guess. And the child thought it was funny that he was walking all wobbly. Very sad. I hope the owners come home soon and take him for care and at least try to contain the other dogs before it happens to another one. I'm pretty shaken up since I've never seen anything like this ever happen before.

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura
Old 11-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Oh no that poor puppy!!

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

How horrible, poor pup But what a shame from your neighbors
Old 11-10-2006, 04:39 PM
whatszmatter

call a vet or animal control.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Top Dog

He left. I didn't see if he took the dog with him or not though. I really hope he did.

Laura
Old 11-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Puppy Dog

Ok, i know i am new here, but is there a reason your not doing anything?
if it were me the dog would be a the vet right now.

I've Been Frosted
Old 11-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip195 View Post
Ok, i know i am new here, but is there a reason your not doing anything?
if it were me the dog would be a the vet right now.
The guy left. I don't know if the dog is still there. He may have taken it with him I don't know. The others are still out there and the mother dog is not friendly. Also they have another dog that they keep in a kennel that is not friendly either. I just moved like 3 months ago so I'm still new to the neighborhood. Animal control won't come out here as other have called about the ferile cats and they won't come out this far.

Plus I have no way to get the dog to a vet if it still is there. I don't drive. All the vets offices are now closed and no one makes house calls either.

Laura
Old 11-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSCOTCH View Post
The guy left. I don't know if the dog is still there. He may have taken it with him I don't know. The others are still out there and the mother dog is not friendly. Also they have another dog that they keep in a kennel that is not friendly either. I just moved like 3 months ago so I'm still new to the neighborhood. Animal control won't come out here as other have called about the ferile cats and they won't come out this far.

Plus I have no way to get the dog to a vet if it still is there. I don't drive. All the vets offices are now closed and no one makes house calls either.
The police / Ac is duty bound to attend a report of an injured dog, I suggest you go and see if the dog is laying dying in the back still, and if so call the cops.
**** it, I could never witness something like that and do NOTHING geezzzzz.,

I've Been Frosted
Old 11-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip195 View Post
The police / Ac is duty bound to attend a report of an injured dog, I suggest you go and see if the dog is laying dying in the back still, and if so call the cops.
**** it, I could never witness something like that and do NOTHING geezzzzz.,
Well, if I were in this position, I would have gone over and checked the situation out. I would have detained the individual, till either the Police Service and or Animal Control arrived.

I would have never just stood in the window and just watched. But, then again that is how I would have handled it. Poor dog!

By the way did you happen to get the tag off the car? (licence plate) or tell the dogs owners when they came home?
Old 11-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Puppy Dog

If you are afraid to go into that yard, and the owners of the dogs arent home, maybe you can go to another neighbor, knock on their door. SOmeone else may know these neighbors, know where they can be found, and maybe would be willing to go into the yard to look for the pup. The poor thing needs someone willing to try to help it.