Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Walks into Mordor

Question Does your cat harrass your dog?

Max, evil Number 1 Kitty, has decided the dogs offend him by existing. However, he normally suffers their presence with grace and dignity. But sometimes I swear he uses the dogs as his personal stress reliever.

Last night, Max was yowling at me. He had been fed, but his majesty wanted canned food. I told him no. What does Max do? He marches up to Voodoo--who is sleeping peacefully on the rug---and WHACKS him across the snout! Poor Voodoo wakes up with a yipe. Max mrrowws at him, then turns tail and stalks away. Crazy cat!

There was absolutely no reason for that. Max was just mad and felt like hitting something.

My mom's cat does the same thing to her maltese. Whenever Nimbus (the kitty) is in a bad mood, she takes it out on Scandal.

Anybody else's cats do this?

Last edited by Gempress; 11-10-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Bobsk8

I am suprised that your dog didn't take a nip out of the cat, after that.....
Old 11-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Top Dog

My cat just does everything he can to try to gt the dog in trouble. Yesterday Bear was laying on the floor sleeping and Butterscotch(the cat) walks up to him and licks his paw. The dog woke up and as soon as he looked at the cat hissed at him. Butterscotch then looks to me like"He tried to eat me, punish him!"

The cat also has this new idea that the water in the dog's dish tastes better than the water inhis own dish. SO he trots out to Bears water dish and drinks his water. Bear looks at me like "Hey I'm not allowed near his water or food. Why should he be near mine? DO SOMETHING"

Butterscotch will let out these screams like someone is killing him when the dog is around. The cat really doesn't like the dog but they coexist. Sometimes the cat acts like he loves the dog by licking and trying to sleep close to him. As soon as the dog so much as looks at him he cries and goes into a hissy fit.

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura
Old 11-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Top Dog

I actually got really lucky with how well Duke and Tigger(cat) get along. They play all the time and if Duke gets to much for Tigger he just gets up on the table and play time is over. And Tigger knows if he wants to play and Duke is laying down he just has to walk past Duke and he'll play with him. lol. These 2 kill me. I luahg though cause Duke was scared of Tigger for the first week I had him. And the one thing I liked was the Tigger has never run or hide from Duke from day one bringing him home. Tigger will even go looking for Duke if I come home without him. But Duke knows the cat is number one. He's always been fed first, treats first, pet first and Duke has to wait. But Tigger is just a dogfreak. If any of my friends come over with there dog the cat will try and curl up with them. lol. But it makes sense considering Tigger thinks he is part dog, he always has even before Duke came along. lol.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 AM
nothin' but a hound dog

Awwww. Cats can be so mean.

My cat (Silvy) attacks the pup. After keeping her distance for some time, she has finally sussed him out and whenever he is in the same room she feels like she has to scare him away. She will either walk up slyly and circle him or just run up and chase him away, sometimes she pounces.

Gordy used to try and get her to play, chase her and bark. He is still curious because she hasn’t allowed him to get too close yet. Now he keeps his distance; sometimes he just lies in a safe spot with big puppy dog eyes watching her, as if he wants her to finally say, “okay let's play”. Occasionally he will act all tough, go up to a meter away from her, bark, and as soon as she budges he sprints for his life.

A while ago, I heard Gordy yelp, I ran to find Silvy cornering him in a room. He couldn’t open his eye properly for a minute afterwards. This is what scares me, and I always keep an eye on the two.

I know cats have to put dogs in their place at some stage. I am just hoping that she will cool off soon.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 AM
BSL Can Be Beaten

Default Don't make the cat squeak.

My puppy Kim when younger would mercilessly hound the cat, poke, poke, poke with her snout; making the cat squeak.
Thought she would never get along with him.

Now she and Ninja curl up together, he finishes off her raw food that she doesn't eat and she defends him from the thuggy cats in the neighbourhood.

Kim is funny, it's a trait with CASD that they will protect "theirs" from others.

Ninja is her cat; she flew at the front door; thought she was going to go through it, barking her head off - I looked out and all I saw was Ninja cowering in the corner - told Kim to knock it off - it was her own cat for God's sake.

Figured Ninja wanted in, so pushed the barking, growling dog back to let him in and discovered a BIG neighbourhood bully cat had Ninja pinned on the porch, brought Kim out by the collar and bully-cat decided to leave.

I hadn't even realized that there was cat-trouble - but Kimmy new.

So they are definitely buds now!

Jennifer Sider First Dog Off the Porch Custom Collars
Mom to Mitchell, Avalon, Ninja, Jiggs and Misty
Life is forever and everything is just an experience on the road to enlightenment.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:32 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

The cat harrasses me. And has done so for 18 years I swear he smirks.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Harumph™©®

Tosca thinks my cat Mojo is Her Cat. In reality she is Mojo's dog. He tortures her and makes her snap at thin air perpetually as in "Ooooooo I would love to nip you but I know if I do you will give me the Five Razors". Poor Tosca brings him ALL her toys, pushing them at him. Her reward is he hides them constantly. But the worst torture he thwarts upon her is getting Way Up High, where she can see him but not reach him. He will linger as long as it takes for her to fergettabowtit. Then, when Tosca is busy with a bone or a toy, he literally FLIES over her. Makes her crazy. lol. Mojo cannot disappear from Tosca's sight for too without her having an absolute conniption. I have caught them sleeping together a few times, but soon as Mojo sees me, he leaves, as in "This didn't really happen".
Old 11-10-2006, 12:20 PM
nothin' but a hound dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
I have caught them sleeping together a few times, but soon as Mojo sees me, he leaves, as in "This didn't really happen".
awww, that is so cute.

loving these cat and dog stories.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Harumph™©®

Check out the look on Mojo's face here, right after Tosca licked his head into a sticky mess that dried and spiked. lol

"How Gross!"