Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Walks into Mordor

Angry The neighbor called the cops on Voodoo!

My hubby just told me about this. I'm mad at him for not telling me sooner, but he didn't think it was that big of a deal.

A few days ago, he was outside in the front yard. Voodoo was with him, on his long tie-out cable. A police officer pulled up and asked hubby "Is that your dog?" Hubby said yes. The cop said that they just got a call saying that there was a "big, mean, brindle pit bull with a studded collar" loose on our street!

Hubby said that the person couldn't mean Voodoo. He's not a pit bull, isn't mean at all, and he's been on the tie-out the whole time. He said that maybe the callers didn't see the cable (it's a plain grey cable). The officer was very nice about the whole thing, then drove off.

That gets me so mad. I bet I know exactly who called the police, too. Our neighbor at the end of the street is one of those nosy people who has nothing better to do but cause trouble.

She's called the city on our neighbor for running water in the street (we're on drought restrictions). The neighbor had water running in the street because he had to hose off his boat motor to fix a mechanical problem! He used the hose in his driveway for five minutes, if that. She's also called the police on other neighbors for random pointless things (like "suspicious activity").

*sigh* I'm just glad that the officer was so nice. But people like that get me mad.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Rusty but Trusty

That sucks. But atleast the cop was ok about it. I hate people like that. Our neighbor used to call and say Mack was running loose when he wasn't (he was out in his outside kennel or on a tie out cable). Glad it worked out good for you guys though.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Water Junkie

Not Voodoo!!!

Some people!!!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-09-2006, 09:03 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

That's irritating for sure. Sorry about that.

I'm glad the office was nice about it.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Top Dog

I'm glad you got a nice cop that came out. Sorry that some neighbors are so nosy like that.

I called the cops on the 4th of July once because of an aggressive sheperd mix roaming around. He plopped his big nasty butt down in front of my door and refused to leave. He didn't live with me but guarded my door like he did. I called the police and they said they don't handle calls about animals and trasferred me to animal control. I called them and i got some guy on the phone who I swear was drunk. He wasn't making any sense and I could barely understand him as he was slurring so badly. I called the police back and told them that they needed to come take care of this aggressive dog since animal control was no help. we got some really nice officers considering I wasn't happy no one would help and was not very friendly on the phone. They called animal control themselves and then they just handled it from there without animal control.

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura
Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Dog Show Addict

Ack.. some people are real idiots!

The sad thing is that the police HAVE to check out calls like that. Some people seriously do make more work for officers then need be!
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 11-10-2006, 06:45 AM
Yee Wee Beastie

Jeeze....sounds like your neighbor needs a better hobby. Sorry Voodoo was a victim of doggie profiling. At least the cop was nice!

Thanks to stevinski for this awesome siggie!

Old 11-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Top Dog

We had some neighbors like that a few years ago. They were real nosy and caused trouble for a lot of people on our street. Before we got a fence, and before we had Gunnar and Bruzer, we used a cable tie out for Midnite so she could do what she likes to do- lay in the sun. The cable went between 2 trees that were about 50' apart, and then we had a clip on cable that was about 20' long that connected to her collar. So she had a travel range of about 50' by 30' or so. The neighbors called AC on us (and the woman's sister happened to be the AC officer for our area) and said we had our dog outside loose, which of course, she was not. So the AC person comes and we show her that the dog is actually attached to a cable run and has a wide range of mobility, a water dish with fresh water, and she is licensed and up to date on her rabies. So the woman says, well, she has no shelter. You need a dog house out here. Even when we tried to explain that Midnite was an indoor dog and was only out on the run for no more than an hour or 2 at a time, she insisted we needed a dog house. So, we got a dog house. It still sits in the corner of our yard. She never went in it.

Anyway, enough rambling- just consider the source, and my advice would be to not give them any reason to target you with their busy body actvities.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Top Dog

I'd walk him down in front of her house every day .....Maybe train him to poop there.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 11-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Good god.. some people!

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"