Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Default Your biggest scare

So what's been your biggest scare with your dog?

For me, it's when Boris was 5ish months, one evening around 9pm. It was nice out, so my husband left the front door open with the screen closed... or so he thought. I came from the computer room to find the door wide open, and no Boris in sight. I totally freaked. I called him, and thankfully he came to me - he was actually in the backyard. Needless to say, I wasn't happy with my husband that day...
Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Bdown

I don't have any my dog's are pretty good (sorry have to brag) and i watch them very carfully, and i have great ears so even if they are around the corner i still know what they are doing.

But i think that comes with being a mom i freak my kids out by doing it with them too.

It will be nice to hear other people's stories though
Old 11-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Don't encourage me..

When Gus got heatstroke and nearly died, that was SCAREY!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 PM
BusterLove

buster went for a walk with my mums ex once. he never looked out for him properly and he knows what buster is like. he comes home and goes "buster ran off, i've been looking for 20 minutes, i can't find him"

now keep in mind buster went missing down near a crocodile infested river. and one of my mates has had his dog grabbed and killed by a croc right in front of him.

so mum and chris go down and finally come back after about an hour with buster. he was soaking wet...

Old 11-09-2006, 09:15 PM
TwilightToaster on dA

There was this dog that one day when Kifa was out on her potty break, attacked Kifa. We heard growling and snarling, and came out to see Kifa being attacked by this dog! I've seen it around the neighborhood a few times before. But anyway, Kifa was not harmed but there was a lot of slobber on her fur. Since then we've been staying out with her for the first minute of her potty breaks.

Thank you, AgilityPup!!

"what were you smoking!? D8"
I'm a terrible person for thinking being a bxtch is fun.
-- Jen
Old 11-09-2006, 09:19 PM
BusterLove

mmm. once daisy ran out of the yard, down the street and picked a fight with this red heller (daisy was maltese/shih tzu) and next minute sophie (mastiff/AB) charges out the gate. she is such a GOOD dog. i run out and see daisy, flat on her back with this heeler standing over her snarling. and sophie bolting down the street.
sophie isn't a vicous dog but she is such a good girl. she ran all the way and rammed that dog off daisy. soemthing happened with the woman tryign to grab her dog and sophie accidently bit her hand. but she relises it was a mess up from all of us and didn't have a problem thankgod.

sophie amazed me that day. little daisy was in trouble and she ran so fast that at first she hit the gate and sent it swigning before just getting up and taking off again. she;s an awesome dog.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Water Junkie

Hmmm well lets see....

Not much with Lizzie...she is normally pretty good!

I guess the only REAL scare I have had with her is...when she got out and went in the neighbors yard...but came when called...guess my heart just "stops" when she gets out...even if it is the neighbors yard...and that is the only place she has gottan to!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-09-2006, 10:09 PM
MIiA

Jake's been pretty solid. The biggest scare was when he was only a few months old and we were crossing a road when the leash came off the collar. Fortunately, Jake could 'come' flawlessly so it really wasn't much of a scare beyond the initial shock

Old 11-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Top Dog

When my great dane picked up my pug by the neck and shook him like a rag doll
Old 11-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Are you dead yet?

When Dakota messed with a poison toad. Vomiting blood, neurological problems, anaphylaxis . . . Horribly scary. We thought he was going to die.