Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Island dweller

Yup he's the big pussycat.

I forgot to tell you guys that we took just Mikey to the shelter today and Mav was home alone. We came home to Maverick running around the front yard and some fence boards bent out. I think he went over the fence which is odd cuz he's not a jumper. He's ok but he was all worked up and whiny. Now that he's settled down though he seems to adore Star. He play bounces and pounces around her.

I was trying to teach Star to sit today with some cut up weiner treats which she gobbled down. She loved them but later she puked up clear liquid and a coupld of weiners. (which she ate again) What do you think that means?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Big Mutts

Means she is very excited to have her new human give her this wonderful thing called a hotdog. Maggie does the same thing sometimes lol, they just eat it too fast! I hope Mav is feeling ok. So he's the gentle giant? Maybe he can teach Mikey to like Star.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:43 AM
Island dweller

Star and Mikey are WAY too much alike. Really. They are both busybodies and quite protective of THEIR yard. We're out having a fire/weiny roast in the backyard and Maverick is just his usual la la la self and the other two are busy exploring, warning the neighbouring dog and squabbling with each other

I'm thinking of calling her Aurora? Any thoughts? Too overdone? We are pretty far up north and I think it's pretty.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Top Dog

Congrats Saje! Star's a very lucky pup to have you!

BTW and just my opinion, I'm not too keen on Aurora. Seems too hard to get out when you would call her. She actually looks like a Gizzy to me LOL But what do I know. Whatever you decide on will suit her just fine.

Congrats again!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Don't encourage me..

I can't see the pics can you post some in your gallery please?!! As for names going with the M theme, what about Maddy or Melody or perhaps Mia or Myra?

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-12-2005, 08:18 AM
mostly ignored...

SUCH a beauty! What do you think of Stormy for a name? Somehow looking at her I get the impression that could be a good discriptor of her attitude w/ Mikey
Old 04-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Love my pets

Oh Saje, what a beauty. I'm so happy for you and the whole gang. Looks like spring has sprung with a bunch of us getting new pups. Have fun and love her!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:43 AM

I'm sooooo happy for you all!!!! I can never see your pics either...but I remember the one from the link you posted a while ago. CONGRATS!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:55 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i think that is a gorgous name for her..rory for short? or a dignified aurora always?
i really love that name!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Island dweller

Thanks everyone. I'll post some pics in my gallery later. I've got to go out in a bit.

Rory is a good nickname Smkie. Aurora is hard to call/shout/do much with.

Steve suggested Nanook but I can't remember what it means. I'm sure it means something.

I like Mia too. We'll have to see what works. I keep calling her names and last night 'Star' was the only one she didn't respond to. lol

You know how dogs happily roll in poop or rotten fish? This morning Steve let her in and she did that Happy Happy roll on me in bed! It was really cute. Pissed Mikey off though. He was jealous. They are still getting into fights. This morning they had a pretty bad scuffle and Steve had to separate them. THEY haven't gotten hurt yet but Steve got nipped (by accident of course)