Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Active Pup

Default Designer Dogs

I had a customer come into my store yesterday, was looking at the cock-a-poo puppies that I had for sale. She said growing up you could get these for nothing. They were considered mutts. Now a mutt is considered anything with 3 or more different breeds in them and they still ask alot for them. That's why Is tick to the purebreds. Everybody asks me why I don't breed the designer breeds, I tell them there are enough of them I don't need to add more.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

You have a pet store? You breed pups and sell them out of your pet store?

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Why were you selling the 'designer' pups if you don't agree with them.. I'm confused..

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 11-07-2006, 07:13 PM
fastpitchchic

Old 11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Top Dog

oh no...she has a pet store that sells puppies and, for some reason, she had mix breeds for sale! Quick get the clubs! We need to have her dragged in the street and shot.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Active Pup

Talking

Yes I have a pet store. No my puppies are not sold out of the store. They are sold from my house. I have 2 friends that I help out when they cannot sell all of their pups. I have contracts with take back clauses for the lifetime of the puppy. I also have a spay/neuter clause in the contract. Also a guarentee for a year if they take them to a vet within 7 days. Even though they are checked before they come in, anything can happen in a years time that is missed on initial check-up. Not one pup has had any problems. I get to see them in 3 weeks after they leave the store so I cna make sure they are taken care of. I am always ther to answer questions and help if needed. They even get the breeders phone number and my home number just in case. All pups are vet checked and 8 weeks old or older before they ever come into my store. I do one litter at a time. I'm not against the breeding of mixes by other people, what they do is not something I will ever talk them out of. I have seen lots of customers who have purebred dogs and all they have are problems, even with the testing and all. Mostly allergies to the foods out there today. Any other questions?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Chihuahua Mum

I've been frosted!

Say NO to animals in pet shops! Rescue a friend instead.
"Raise them to be gentle and they will be gentle. Raise them to be vicious, and they will be vicious.
Problems lie not in the breed, but in the people."
- Dr. Carl Semenic
Old 11-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Training the Trainer

Yes, you need to educate yourself more on backyard breeding, and stop helping out your friends who are doing a very bad thing for the dogs of this world. By your tone, it sounds like you have your mind set, and cannot be changed, but believe me, you work in the `pet business', which is a very lucrative trade. And it should not be lucrative for the reasons above. You may be doing all of these things with vet checks and so forth, and that is all well and good, but what you are actually doing is perpetuating a massive, massive problem in the dog world, and if you became more informed I'm sure you would stop. If you really care for animals, you would not be promoting this. If you continue to promote it, all I can say is that you do not really care for animals, whatever reasons you give to make what you are doing sound ok. It's not ok, it never will be ok. And you will get no sympathy from this site unless you are here to learn.

Unfortunately, there are those who come here who get put off by how vigilant we all are, and they get angry and never come back. I hope, hope, hope that you continue to stay around, because we're all really nice people, who just take a hard line when it comes to welfare. This board is about welfare, what your friends are doing, and what you're helping them to do, is against everything that welfare stands for. That is why we get angry - it's not a personal attack, not at all, it's just a desperate plea to teach people more about the horrors of unregulated breeding.

So, my question to you is, how do you feel about sticking around and learning more?

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Top Dog

Ruby I just have to say I think you're dogs are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisykris View Post
Ruby I just have to say I think you're dogs are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Ok. You are my new best friend.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made