Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Walks into Mordor

Red face No lap dogs allowed

Last night I was sitting on the couch, reading a book. A certain catahoula walks up to me and lays his head in my lap. I absently give a few good ear scratches, then go back to reading my book. I hear this big *sigh*. I look down to see Voodoo staring at me with those big brown puppy eyes. I know exactly what he wants. I'm not a lapdog person. I'm not even a fan of tiny dogs in my lap, much less my brindle demon.

I said, "Voodoo, you can't get in my lap. You're too big."

I go back to reading my book. Then I feel the sneak coming on. Most of you know what the sneak is: it's when the dog gradually starts easing his body onto your lap. I look back down. Big puppy eyes look back up at me. Voodoo's managed to scootch his big head, neck and front part of his chest onto my lap. I don't like dogs in my lap.

"Voodoo, you are NOT getting in my lap."

Voodoo doesn't move. Cue the sad puppy whimper. Not just any puppy whimper...the quiet, pathetic one with the heartbreaking little quiver at the end. Big, melting brown eyes. I don't like dogs in my lap.

"It's not going to work, Voodoo. You're too big."

I'm reading my book. My elbows are propped up on the mass of snoozing dog that is crammed into my lap. Voodoo's head and chest is hanging off one end of my lap, his hind end hanging off the other. Random bulges of catahoula are sticking out in between. My legs are falling asleep from the weight. This can't possibly be comfortable for either of us.

And we're both happy.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Hahaha... how can you not love dogs in your lap?? It's the most amazing thing ever . Every night, I'd go sit on the floor and all three dogs of mine will try to occupy a little bit of my lap. It's hilarious to see one tries to push the other out, then the other will climb right back up, then the friendly push happens all over again for everyone tries to claim the middle spot right between my leg, with his/her head resting on my chest.. I'm bashing in their attentions, and they in mine, and we all absolutely love it

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Awwwww.....how adorable! I wish you had a picture

Sounds like T-Bone...her favorite spot is between my legs, with her head and chest on my belly.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Harumph™©®

A real visual.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

Awwwww that sounds so adorable!!

I love it when Casey sits on my lap! Not so funny when she lies on top of me though lol, she nearly squashed me hehe .
Old 11-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Felurian

Hehehe . . .He's a little demon, all right

Miss Kharma backs up to me, looking over her shoulder with the big puppy eyes (out of a 120 pound Grrrrl) and starts easing her butt up on my lap until she's all the way up, with her front feet still on the floor, then throws her head back over her shoulder, jowls upside down, and gives me that big Fila grin of hers and bats her long eyelashes at me . . . She knows what comes next . . . and waits for her hug

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

Oh Gosh..my chihuahua IS a lapdog and doesn't like sitting in my lap all that much..meanwhile, my pit is NOT supposed to be a lap dog but she likes to think she weighs 5 lbs.

And I can relate to the whimpering sort of..except messina literally groans and makes this low grumbling noise to get my attention..as soon as I look at her, her ears go up and she starts wagging her tail..its too funny...
Old 11-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Show Dog

Yea I love dogs in my lap but also i am not a fan of small dogs but I do love dogs in my lap.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

Ha! I love the images there Gempress and renee. I can just imagine the poor pathetic creatures all downtrodden and all, just pleading for a little bit of loving.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Squishy face

I like my 18lb lap dog