Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Training the Trainer

Angry THIS is what makes me so angry....

....about what has resulted from the originally intended purposeful, meaningful breeding of Labradoodles. Check out this mill...

http://www.rivergumdesignerpuppies.com.au/index.html

Even the name makes me sick. Have a look at the puppy health section and their explanation for hereditary problems......grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Compare it to Cloudcatcher Labradoodles - widely considered the one and only place to get Labradoodles in Australia, and pretty much their only reputable breeder. Such a difference, why can't they all be like this?

http://www.cloudcatcherlabradoodles.com/index.html

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Top Dog

omg, so they are basically saying that their puppies are going to have health problems, and there is no way around that....

from what i understand, and i dont have the best understanding of these genetic problems, proper testing WILL show if a dog is going to have a problem, and if so, it should not be bred, right?? Thats like, the whole point of proper breeding, so those problems can be completely avoided (or can they never be avoided?) correct?

Thanks Jessie!

Old 11-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Twin 2.0

I like that CloudCatcher site, most information I've seen pertaining to actual "breed" things yet. It's not a love-fest of "cute cuddly and totally non-shedding!".

Now I know what to call the F1 Labradoodle that comes to daycare all the time; he's got a Hair coat. A few others have the Fleece coat, I think one might be Wool.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Fuzzy Pants

By now, shouldn't people only be breeding "Labradoodle/Labradoodle"?

I just don't see how it's possible to gain much by just spitting out first generation dogs over and over again. JMO. I would think that some of the designer breeders out there would at least TRY to back their claims of perfection against purebreds up a little more. Oh well.

I'll stick to my purebreds, and be a "purebred snob" like I'm usually called. Hehe.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

So.. do the CloudCatcher people breed a labradoodle to a Labradoodle? That's how it seems.. And other places are still breeding a Lab to a Poodle.. ? I am confused yet again..

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 11-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Fuzzy Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidbert View Post
So.. do the CloudCatcher people breed a labradoodle to a Labradoodle? That's how it seems.. And other places are still breeding a Lab to a Poodle.. ? I am confused yet again..
I wasn't really pointing out either breeder. Just in general. Most breeder sites I see for these dogs, the breeders still have Labrador to Poodle breedings. To me, it defeats the entire purpose of their 'aim'. And really, their aim doesn't seem to have been met at all. I have yet to see a Labradoodle-swept service dog nation anywhere. They just aren't stable enough yet, and they've been around for a long time now.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

the way i always thought was that,

you bred a poodle to a lab

then a labradoodle to a labradoodle

and then a labradoodle to a labradoodle

but if you bred a labradoodle to a poodle or labradoodle to a lab you arent creating a labradoodle anymore, you creating some crazy mix

so how come they are breeding a labradoodle to a toy poodle

http://www.cloudcatcherlabradoodles....nt_litters.htm

Old 11-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Top Dog

Sorry but neither one looks that reputable to me. Sure Cloudcatcher looks better but still not like a responsible breeder.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Salty Sea Dog

wow you learn something new every day, i never knew HEREDITARY and genetic health problems were ALWAYS caused by besity, poor diet and over excersize *rolls eyes and finnishes sarcastic tone*

Drezza, you are right, river gum are saying, we dont cert our dogs, hips, knees hearts eyes or anythign else for that matter, but if your puppy gets sick...well its not our fault, sucks for you...and we'll offer you a new dog because we know that by this point the dogs 3-4 yrs old and your already in love and would never say yes to it...

and might i ask what the pont of a retriverdor is...why would you cross a LABRADOR RETRIVER...with a GOLDEN RETRIVER...what we trying to make super retriver here?!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

Actually, a lady I worked with had a blind husband.

(this is WAY before the whole designer mutt thing came along)

He had a Labrador x Golden mix. They bred her at the training facility because they liked different things from the Lab & Golden of course she was a WORKING dog and spends her life helping someone who cant see.

Just to be a cutsy dog, I see no point.