Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Default Jims dads dog died last night.

Jims dads hunting dog/companion/heart dog died.
They were gone this weekend to visit thier son and had a person watch thier dogs while they were gone.
Missy the dog who died had a swelling on the side of the face no blood no puncture wounds. Jet his other dog has a lump on top her head but is ok.
Our guess is his dogs were barking and someone came over and hit them with something. Were guessing its the same person who calls the cops when thier dogs bark too much.
No they didnt escape. Missy was found by the dogs bed outside dead.
I am a little afraid of how Jims dad is going to handle this. He is a hot head as it is. They are still on thier way home and should be there shortly. I feel so awful. Missy was truley a talented retriever.
Please send them good thoughts.
RIP Missy. We will all miss you.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry to hear that!! The vet will be able to narrow down the source of injury, then create a formal diagnostic letter/probable cause of death, to take to the police in the morning. Guessing someone hit dogs with metal pipe of sorts, fracturing a skull, but didn't hit second dog hard enough to kill it. Vet will find fracture right away and it will be more satisifying for Jims dad to see someone hauled off in cuffs tommorrow than to have a brawl that lands them both in jail tonight. (If this is a chainlink area dogs were in, good to ask Jims dad to tarp gate and top rail of fence panel to preserve finger prints from moisture tonight. Someone had to touch gate to enter, or more likely grasp top rail to steady themselves when swinging downward at dog. After receiving vets letter, police should treat this like a 'break in" and be willing to take prints. Hope all involved are careful... someone willing to do something this aggressive is just a short step away now from being able to do this to a human.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Evil Kitty taco eater

He is taking her in tomorrow to get x-rays and figure out what exactly killed her.
He was glad we called him on his way home so he had a chance to prepare himself. I hesistated to call him while they were driving but Jim had him pull over first.
Sigh. Poor Missy.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 11-06-2006, 08:25 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

That's so sad, Kris!

I'm so very sorry and well, I don't know what to say... I hope Jim's father will be able to cope and find peace soon.

Rest in Peace, Missy.. run free....

Old 11-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Top Dog

Oh that is so sad. What a horrible phone call to have to make. Poor Missy, poor man. I hope whoever did that is caught. Please tell Jim's dad that we're all thinking of him here.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Top Dog

Oh how awful. I can't even imagine how terrible that must have been to be away from home and get that kind of news. I hope he finds out what happened to the dog to cause it to die. Maybe he could question the other neighbors and see if anyone heard anything or saw anything suspicious. What a tragedy... so sad
Old 11-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

How sad....I hope they find out what happened to the poor pups. Poor Missy... RIP.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Top Dog

Very Very Sad. I really hope he can find a way to channel that anger....not sure I could. Thats why I never leave my dogs out of my sight unless they are in my house. I am always paranoid someone will hurt them. Something like that is just so sad. People don't understand, but for many people that is like killing their family member or child.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Top Dog

How horrible !!!! I feel so sorry for you all .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Twin 2.0

That's terrible!!! I hope they find that jerk and happen to be looking the other way when he trips and hits his head on a pipe...