Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 AM
treehugging clicker freak

I'll keep you and the dog in my thoughts! Fingers crossed [here] for you...
Old 11-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

That's awful. I'd sue for defamation of character or something. Can you get an attorney to help you? And contact the media....get it out there. These people have no right to do this with no proof whatsoever. I feel for you and that poor dog.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I would be picketing that place if it was me. I would stand out there and demand information and wouldn't leave until they gave me what I wanted to know. You said you already paid the fee? Maybe they forgot and adopted out the dog before you could come and pick her up? I had a shelter do that to us. We went in there and were looking at a puppy but they insisted we bring our other puppy to meet this one. So they said they would hold the puppy while we drove home (which they knew was an hour drive there and back). So we went got our puppy and came back and they brought our puppy out to meet our lab and the guy at the counter said "if that's the female puppy these people are adopting her right now" and there was another couple standing there filling out an application! We had already paid the adoption fee as well! I would make sure that the dog is even still at the shelter they may have accidentally adopted it out and just said something to make you go away.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Top Dog

Not to bring up an older thread but...

juliefurry: did you get to adopt the dog then since you already paid the fee?

bwilliams0623: has there been any update?
Old 11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Puppy Dog

Has anyone heard what ultimately has happened? I hope this was resolved in a good way. I love pets and hope nothing has happened to her. All animals should have a right to love reguardless of pregnancy or not! Remember animals are like humans, they have feelings too
Old 11-16-2006, 07:10 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilliams0623 View Post
I just got an email from the girl at the poubd, she said that an "anonymous" caller called and said my boyfriend was a dog fighter. Ok, 1st - I am married, no boyfriend and my husband is a member of PETA. And 2nd, why would they take the word of an anonymous caller, if I knew someone was dog foghting I wouldn't call anonymously I would want to get the word out there. Doesnt make any sense.
I really do not enjoy saying this for two reasons:

1-What I am about to say will surely break your heart because you -like so many others- have always thought you were helping animals by joining PETA

2-This topic really upsets me and gets my blood boiling

Let me first start off by saying I am so so sorry this happened to you. PETA has directly been responsible for many cases such as yours. They have been putting heat on shelters which adopt out Pit Bulls- and I am willing to bet they keep a database of these shelters. They have already succeeded for the most part with convincing all Humane Societies to cease adopting out Pit Bulls, and they do not inform people who drop off Pit Bulls (often thinking they are doing a good deed) that they just signed the dog's death certificate. Here is a quote from Ingrid Newkirk herself:

Ingrid Newkirk
Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Most people have no idea that at many animal shelters across the country, any pit bull that comes through the front door doesn't go out the back door alive. From California to New York, many shelters have enacted policies requiring the automatic destruction of the huge and ever-growing number of "pits" they encounter. This news shocks and outrages the compassionate dog-lover.

Here's another shocker: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the very organization that is trying to get you to denounce the killing of chickens for the table, foxes for fur or frogs for dissection, supports the shelters' pit-bull policy, albeit with reluctance. We further encourage a ban on breeding pit bulls.

the link: http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAkillPitbulls.php

Old 11-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Big Dog

Sorry too hear about your troubles. poor dog too. I will say this much, and I do not want too hurt your feelings at all. But all it takes is one complaint, and your done. Some one has sure brought it upon themselfs to do that. Remember they too will get theirs in the end. Good luck
Mugs, Sissy, Missy John and I Fran send to my extended family nothing but the Best For Christmas! Happy Holiday's and Happy New Year Freinds! LOve is sent from out God above, For ever truly guiding sending you LOVE!! Hugs to all of your pets too! Fran!

I have been frosted by Skyboxer. Thanks my freind
Old 11-23-2006, 03:53 AM
BusterLove

mmm. once the council rang us. and told us someone had complained that we were neglectin gour horses. our 2 horses are both rescues. one is 23 and we got her from a station were she would have otherwise been shot, her gums were receded right down and several times the vets said she would die. so we spent 1000's of dollars on a horse we can't ride, plus she's almost completley blind and very dominant. but we keep her because otherwise she would just get killed.
the other pony we got from a woman who "lent" her to us. we walked the 3 km's from the paddock, got her from a yard in town full of old cars and scrap metal. walked her all the way back to her home and now she lives. there. the woman that actually owns her has not rung us or talked to us once since we got misty about three years ago.
bindi has a lot of problems, when its too hot her face got really sunburnt and she lost a lot of fur. we had to go down everyday and rub cream and zinc all over this horse that wanted to bite and kick us, we built shelters and we had to pay to fix misty's leg when she cut it.

i love these horses but we can't actually work with them

Old 11-23-2006, 04:34 AM
Top Dog

What happened is that the dog was already put down and they were covering themselves. I'd put money on it.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

The whole thing comes down to PETA, I will bet money on it. And I think she is right, they probably have euthanized the dog already, and don't want to admit it. In St. Louis, any APBT that come in, are immediately euth'd. No adopting out, or chance for a h ome. They will tell you to call pitbull rescue, but I have never been able to get ahold of them.