Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Dog Show Addict

Default WOW!! Silver LABS! yay

Gah.. look what I found in our paper today.. and add for Silver Labs..

http://www.bellarosaranch.com/about.html

They also breed Labradoodles that aren't even that nice...
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 PM

It's so strange that you would post this today Summer.

I just saw a client who had her pup (from this place ) in class over a year ago. While we chatted about his progress, he had done so well in class, she proudly displayed her wrist where she had tatooed his name.

I was gushing over her obvious obsession when she told me that his hips are an absolute mess. He's going to have 1 hip done now and one in the next year. They love him so dearly, and thankfully she and her husband can afford to have him properly taken care of but gosh...what an awful shock..

I trained a few others from there and they do have a strange phantom (silver) coloration. While the pups I've met are sweet and very cute, I'm so NOT IMPRESSED with this place!!

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 11-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Training the Trainer

Hmmm - do registered breeders advertise in the local paper? To be honest, I don't know a lot of the ins and outs of breeding, but when we were looking for our babies about 50 hours of internet research was required!! Lol...

Their site actually looks only moderately awful, though - they claim to do testing for hip dysplasia but nothing else - typically. And their health guarantee seems quite strict about spaying and neutering. They seem to be somewhere between ethical breeder and BYB. Their Labradoodles (from the pics shown) actually look exactly like Labradoodle puppies are supposed to look! EEK! But they describe them as a cross between a Standard Poodle and a Labrador Retreiver, which of course they shouldn't be (unless you're looking right back to the first generation) - so that's a shame - BYB-ers there for sure. I emailed them about that **snickers** couldn't help myself.

Their silver labs are surreal though - look like boxy Weimeraners! That's not right at all, probably quite striking in real life but I just think it's a bit odd.

Did you see the pic of them with their chocolate lab? Bit creepy!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-04-2006, 09:11 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-04-2006, 09:24 PM
fastpitchchic

Is it me or do most of the dogs look overweight? and very unhappy...sad...I also noticed that Ava had a litter of pups back in Sept. From the pic they have of her, she looks really young to be having pups...
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Big Dog

Checked out the website. Ava is really a pretty dog. The color is unusual. Looks like the silvers have light colored eyes. I think the labradoodle is nice too.
That is sad about the pup's hips. I wonder if the place they bought the pup from is honoring their contract and helping to pay for those hips! Or are they past a deadline age. The downside to two year contracts.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Dog Show Addict

In the Rainbow bridge page it also shows a bitch that died as well as all of her puppies..
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 11-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

I've met a dog from the same 'breeder' in a petstore once. She was very sweet, very friendly, and overall just had an awesome temperament but she was severely dysplastic and had other health issues..

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Old 11-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Training the Trainer

Ok well I take back everything I said then! Defer to the judgement of people who know more than me....

I can't bear to look at the Rainbow Bridge page - what on earth happened that the whole litter and the mother died as well??

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

So sad !!! If they have to advertise to sell .... forget them !! Yes, there are breeder's home links but please check !!!! No good breeder needs to advertise anywhere !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/