Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I honestly don't think a ban like this could ever pass. There are a lot of dog owners / lovers out there, and people with basic common sense that would never allow this...
We just have to *do* something about it..
That's what you'd think all right. But the problem is, that it already HAS begun...with Pit Bulls. They'll start with that breed and then gain momentum...running out breeds like a combine going through a wheat field. Yes, we need to do something about it. I'd like to find out how and what I can do as an individual dog owner.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Dobe Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by otch1 View Post
Hi Coles mom... for some reason, I can't display page of site you referanced. Do you have access to list of Best Friends members and speakers on roster for conference? Sounds like their intensions should be taken seriously and I find the media works both ways, can be used to make the right people aware of this, as well. Also, are you taking about "the Tammy Grimes" in previous thread on this site? If so, that's excellent... the more people like that allowed to become members of this group, the more damage that does to their credibility. Just curious about members list and speakers roster.
I think the problem is the space in the url. Try this one:

www.dogpolitics.com

Pit bulls and other bully breeds have been banned in the Denver area. I am sure they have been banned in some Canadian cities also. The DPCA and the parent Rottie club have been very active in fighting BSL. They have defeated some attempts in CA and Kansas. These laws are cropping up everywhere.

Cole's Mom
Old 11-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Dog Show Addict

Zoom - your right.. I think we should put together a letter from ALL of the Chaz members or something.
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 11-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I think we should put together a letter from ALL of the Chaz members or something.
I think a letter should be made to implore people with real credentials, people with clout such as experts in this; famous behavioral scientists, trainers, genetic experts, whomever....who can show some real evidence and solid back-up for the argument...etc. Those are the people we need to fight at the front line for these breeds. Maybe a list of pertinent experts and letters to them. (?)
Old 11-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Are you dead yet?

I would like to know how much money the government has put into BSL. Seriously. So much valuable $ that could go to HELPING dogs. Money that could go to animal shelters and beefing up animal control departments so people wouldn't get away with neglect and carelessness as much as they do now.

BSL is a band-aid. If someone stabs another person with a knife, and the government takes knives away, that's not addressing the issue at hand. No different than BSL - the issue is not these wonderful dogs, it's the friggin idiots that aren't careful with them.

It's a waste. Of money, of people's time . . . I have no idea why dogs are targeted, either. How many people are killed by dogs each year? I don't know the exact statistics, but I'm willing to bet that very few are killed by dogs in comparison to being killed by other humans, car crashes, slipping on ice, drowning in a mud puddle, annhialation by a spork, etc.

I hate that people don't care because it doesn't affect their breed. It will affect their breed someday. If this keeps up, one day I won't be allowed to own my Border Collie. People will have their Goldens taken away because they're obviously dangerous creatures. One day dogs will be banned entirely. If anything poses a threat to all dogs, it's BSL.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Sled Dog Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
One day dogs will be banned entirely.
That's PETA's goal

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview View Post
That's PETA's goal
No kidding. Unfortunately they may just get what they want - PETA's pretty influential and can sugarcoat the horrible things that they condone, just as well as they can turn something decent into a horrific case of abuse.

If I'm going to have pets, I always want to have at least one dog. I'll leave the country before I'll let them take away that right.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Int CH - $uperBitch

didnt someone make a thread bout doing something about this?

Old 11-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Dobe Lover

This is an interesting site:
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html

Cole's Mom
Old 11-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

Thanks gals for sticking up for me . Yes, I was misunderstood . They wanted to ban Pitties and Rotties here . Now they are thinking by having a chaining law , it would cut down on those who raise " bad dogs " . Back to a very serious thread ....count me in on signing !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/

Last edited by bubbatd; 11-05-2006 at 11:32 AM. Reason: cf