Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-04-2006, 05:24 PM

Unhappy Otch1 - I had to make the hardest decision......

I thought since you had mentioned Maggie Blackman (Brussels breeder), you'd probably listen while I sob and blubber.

I've been helping Maggie with a few of her smooth coat females for show lately. Maggie has had quite a bit go on in her life lately and hasn't much time to spend on these beautiful babies to prepare them.....
Anyway, she called me yesterday and asked me if I would take her top prospect (Diva) for a few weeks to work with her, then she asked me if I WANTED (yes I said WANTED...as in to keep ) BLACKBERRY, a little black rough coat female. She has low grade lux. and she just wants her to be a treasured family pet....Oh how I wish.....

Not only do I not do board and train at all (I promised my husband after taking in the last rescue), but I just can't add another heart beat to our pack....not right now. I am so in love with this breed, it's just killing me to say no. I keep thinking of different ways that I can make it work but with Tia getting so old and her failing health, it just wouldn't be fair.

I can't get this little creature out of my mind......

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 11-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Felurian

Doc . . . ever consider that with Tia getting older and nearing her crossing, Blackberry might be being 'sent' to you?

Think about it.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Doc . . . ever consider that with Tia getting older and nearing her crossing, Blackberry might be being 'sent' to you?

Think about it.
I ditto Renee, I would think about it some more and not say no just yet...
Old 11-04-2006, 05:44 PM

I've thought about that Renee. That was one of my reasons why it WOULD be a good idea. I just can't help feeling that Tia needs my time more than ever right now though. Little Blackberry is an absolute doll and I would just adore her I know, but she would need so much time in order to fit in. I'm not sure that with all of the training and the fact that she's under a year, it wouldn't be just enough stress to speed things along for Tia.

I've put my life on hold since Tia was diagnosed with heart failure..and that was three years ago . I feel that I owe her as much peace as possible for the rest of her time here. She's really changed a lot in the past few months. All she seems to want is total peace and quiet...and snuggles.

Oh, and I haven't really said no yet....but Mike is warning me that a yes will result in my moving into my truck with all SIX of em...

Old 11-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little View Post
....but Mike is warning me that a yes will result in my moving into my truck with all SIX of em...
Like THAT is going to happen . . . he couldn't stand it for one night

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-04-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Like THAT is going to happen . . . he couldn't stand it for one night
Oh, I dunno Renee. He was making that face...you know the serious face, the one that makes me turn my head so I don't laugh in his face.

We're supposed to be getting a motor home and traveling down through the States and into the Baja. He's already worried about the problems we'll encounter with the 5 dogs that we have.

It's silly how hard this is. I've only met Blackberry twice but she has a personality to die for and that flat little face...she really looks just like a little monkey. I'll try to get a photo of her to post....like I need to make this any harder.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Felurian

I just sent you an e-mail with a motor home . . . you NEED to see this one

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-04-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I just sent you an e-mail with a motor home . . . you NEED to see this one

That was so unique. Personally, I love the size! Thanks for emailing it to me.
I'm trying to get Mike to find a decent pic of the one he's decided on. It's a Fleetwood discovery 39v. He said we need all the room for all our "mutts" ...looks like I'll be doing lots of cleaning..

Old 11-04-2006, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little View Post
That was so unique. Personally, I love the size! Thanks for emailing it to me.
I'm trying to get Mike to find a decent pic of the one he's decided on. It's a Fleetwood discovery 39v. He said we need all the room for all our "mutts" ...looks like I'll be doing lots of cleaning..
And if it was up to me....I'd skip the motor home and get Blackberry!!

Old 11-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Felurian

"ALL" of your "mutts?" "Room?" ROFLMAO!!!! "All of your mutts" and you don't take up as much space as one of The Riot Grrrrls - and I've been known to travel with two of them AND Bimmer in a little 318 BMW

You guys need to stop through here on your trip . . . I will be happy to introduce Mike to The Riot Grrrrrls. He'll let you have as many of your cute little Brussels sprouts as you like

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian