Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 11-07-2006, 01:39 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Aww! I'm so sorry. I hope you don't have to get rid of them! I have really bad allergies too, as does my dad. What we do is keep the dogs really clean. We bathe them 1-2x a week with a mild shampoo, and brush them daily. We try to keep the brushing outside when the weather's good. That helps when the hair comes out, it doesn't come out inside. The girls are hypo-allergenic, but they still have some hair and dander. I couldn't even imagine having a shedding dog inside! I get frequent headaches from my allergies, and they were significantly worse when we had our German Shepherd. I hope you guys figure something out!! Good luck!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

let us know!
i have a couple more tricks up my sleeve
Old 11-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

Do you think it could possibly be the hay you're allergic to? I have bunnies and I know of people who are allergic to Timothy Hay so they use other kinds.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy29 View Post
Do you think it could possibly be the hay you're allergic to? I have bunnies and I know of people who are allergic to Timothy Hay so they use other kinds.
We don't use timothy we use either alfalfa (for the young ones) or orchard grass for all of them. My husband will bag it all in seperate paper bags and then we will ziplock those bags and I will take out a bag and put it in their cage that way I don't have to deal with the hay dust or whatever flying all over when I go to pull out a handful. The piggies like playing in the paperbag as well so it works both ways. Also all their bedding is stored in a closet and we vaccum daily and Mark will clean cages (outside) daily. I got this allergen stuff that you wipe on the pigs and have been using that for about 2 weeks with some success.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:58 AM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

GREAT!
keep it up and maybe your immune system will come around and fight off the allergies.

are you taking and allergy meds yet?