Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Default Lucas pics

Ok, I met my sister at the park with Lucas as she asked for it, so some pics of Lucas and some of her and Lucas.

Again the halti is just because I feel more comfortable with it just in case.....and he was acting like such a bratt at first! He kept trying to pull the first few minutes, but settled down. Then two besinji's (sp?) where off leash, came running up to us, with no owner in sight!! *arg* I shoo'ed them off as they had hackles straight up, but they where very pretty!

Lucas:

Looking evil:

I don't know why he looks so fat in these as he's been loosing weight a lot and Iíve cut back food, been excercising a lot and all....I don't kow. Iím kinda suspicious that my roommates are feeding him extras!

Lucas again looking fat:

Lucas didnít like sitting on wet leaves so heís really hunched lol

Continued.....
Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Lucas and my sister (my sweater)

Moving in for a kiss:

Continue.....
Old 11-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I have scenery pics too that I***8217;ll post in the firehydrant.
End.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Top Dog

He's such a pretty boy. I was going to say...boy, Lucas doesn't miss many meals does he? LOL!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

Great pics, Lucas is just too adorable, I just wanna hug him!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug View Post
He's such a pretty boy. I was going to say...boy, Lucas doesn't miss many meals does he? LOL!
See, I've been keeping him on a diet! I haven't fed him treats for a while, no table scraps, his meal portions are much smaller (enough so he should loose weight), and he's been excercing a LOT! For a while he was loosing the weight and he was soooo close to his ideal wieght! I don't know what happened, he just got fat again I'm baffled. I haven't stopped any of the things I've been doing. He should be still loosing weight, yet he gained all of it back in a short time!! All our progress ruined

I have my suspicions that my friend are giving him treats and table scraps. I'm going to have to talk to them about this as I don't see any other reason for the sudden gain in weight.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
See, I've been keeping him on a diet! I haven't fed him treats for a while, no table scraps, his meal portions are much smaller (enough so he should loose weight), and he's been excercing a LOT! For a while he was loosing the weight and he was soooo close to his ideal wieght! I don't know what happened, he just got fat again I'm baffled. I haven't stopped any of the things I've been doing. He should be still loosing weight, yet he gained all of it back in a short time!! All our progress ruined

I have my suspicions that my friend are giving him treats and table scraps. I'm going to have to talk to them about this as I don't see any other reason for the sudden gain in weight.
It can be really frusterating when you are trying hard. Has his coat changed at all? If so, I would consider having a T4 run to make sure he's not hypothyroid. It can cause uncontrollable weight gain, dry thinning coat and lethargy. Either way, he's one handsome devil and your pics are beautiful with the fall colors.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug View Post
It can be really frusterating when you are trying hard. Has his coat changed at all? If so, I would consider having a T4 run to make sure he's not hypothyroid. It can cause uncontrollable weight gain, dry thinning coat and lethargy. Either way, he's one handsome devil and your pics are beautiful with the fall colors.
A little while ago I wrote on here about how lethargic he had become. My vet thought it was the arthritis and he got better, but still.....the vet didn't really know conclusively it was the arthritis acting up. I wonder if he could have the hypothyroid problem. How do they test for that?

His coat is a bit dryer and duller then usually, I figured it was the cold weather.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
A little while ago I wrote on here about how lethargic he had become. My vet thought it was the arthritis and he got better, but still.....the vet didn't really know conclusively it was the arthritis acting up. I wonder if he could have the hypothyroid problem. How do they test for that?

His coat is a bit dryer and duller then usually, I figured it was the cold weather.
A simple blood test will tell you. If you have noticed coat change, weight gain despite efforts to take it off and lethargy then I would request a T4 test on him. It's just a simple blood draw with results next day usually.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

He's beautiful! And pleasantly portly.
I think it would be a great idea to get that blood test done!