Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Harumph™©®

Showpug, that lil Ivy is awful cute too!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Training the Trainer

For those of you who are interested, the breed history and breed standard for the Australian Labradoodle can be found at http://www.ilainc.com/IALA/AboutTheLabradoodle.html

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Top Dog

Dober , this is food for thought . After owning my beloved Goldens for over 60 years and now to hear from many here saying they are biting and growling really bothers me . When I have gone to our Indy Golden club meetings , I never see any of this . I would say that a least 3/4 of the members show and/ or breed . I hate to see this breed ruined .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Harumph™©®

Aw look at this sweetie they have.

http://www.oregonhumane.org/dogs/det...animalID=49371
Old 11-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Top Dog

I was made aware of these babies a few days ago and also saw this on the news tonight. A client of mine is making the drive to go see them. I'm hoping they adopt one and it will them come visit "auntie otch" whenever they have to go out of town. Dr2, your dog's beautiful... another one, like your Brussels. that I have "puppy envy" over. Lol! And Grammy (if it's o.k. to call you that as I'm still relatively new here) you have an amazingly "open" heart. Always positive and kind. Your kids and animals are lucky to have you.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Big Dog

wet nose and a Herbie hug back to you Bubba!

Last edited by BSan; 11-04-2006 at 01:43 AM. Reason: forgot Bubba's name
Old 11-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Big Dog

oops! time flies! been having some late nights since I began on Chaz. Time to catch some zzzzzzzzzzz's
Old 11-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Xyourloco .... What is Downs syndrome looking ???
you guys seem to have taken it the wrong way. It's the internet... everyone these days seems to.

They have droopy eyes and they look depressed... they just dont look right "to me". In the newspaper ad's there's TONS of labradoodle's up for sale and they stay up for sale for months. I dont understand why there are so many in my area with such little to no demand. It's becoming a "fad" for most.

There are those few who really love the breed for what they are and not because other people think they're "neat". Like Dr.2little and the others on this board. My hat goes off to them... But as i stated earlier, i dont see the need of cross breeding like this excpet for people to make money off the dogs. Thats just my opinion.

When i speak I can be very blunt, I dont sugar coat things. (why should I) I get right to the point and dont lie about most things. If i dont like someone I'll tell them in their face. Thats just who i am.. I dont go around "acting" like i like someone or something.

You guys might have taken it that i meant "the dog looks retarded". That is hardly the case. When did i ever say it looked like a kid with downs syndrome? I simply stated like it had downs syndrome qualities. I swear people take someones statements and totally change the context. Downs syndrome isnt a "person" it's a syndrome with distinct qualities.

If i offended anyone, than i apologize. It wasnt my intentions.

Last edited by xyourlocaldjx; 11-04-2006 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:55 AM
Training the Trainer

Well that took some guts to come back here and apologise after everyone got so upset - and rightly so. It was quite an offensive comment. But it's often hard to get your true intentions across in the written word, on an internet forum where nobody knows your face or your intonation or your intentions. So I'm pleased you came back to explain.

If you have a look at the link I provided earlier, the need for cross breeding like this is pointed out quite clearly. However, that is only in the case of the Labradoodle - the other doodle mixes I couldn't agree more are simply produced for profit and nothing else.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyourlocaldjx View Post
you guys seem to have taken it the wrong way. It's the internet... everyone these days seems to.

They have droopy eyes and they look depressed... they just dont look right "to me". In the newspaper ad's there's TONS of labradoodle's up for sale and they stay up for sale for months. I dont understand why there are so many in my area with such little to no demand. It's becoming a "fad" for most.

There are those few who really love the breed for what they are and not because other people think they're "neat". Like Dr.2little and the others on this board. My hat goes off to them... But as i stated earlier, i dont see the need of cross breeding like this excpet for people to make money off the dogs. Thats just my opinion.

When i speak I can be very blunt, I dont sugar coat things. (why should I) I get right to the point and dont lie about most things. If i dont like someone I'll tell them in their face. Thats just who i am.. I dont go around "acting" like i like someone or something.

You guys might have taken it that i meant "the dog looks retarded". That is hardly the case. When did i ever say it looked like a kid with downs syndrome? I simply stated like it had downs syndrome qualities. I swear people take someones statements and totally change the context. Downs syndrome isnt a "person" it's a syndrome with distinct qualities.

If i offended anyone, than i apologize. It wasnt my intentions.
I'm glad you came back to apologize too. We often say things without thinking and don't take into consideration how our comments could affect some people. To refer to a dog as looking downs syndrome was I'm sure quite the insult to those who have downs syndrome children or grandchildren. Yes downs syndrome is a syndrome and not person. But the syndrome defines the person. There are little faces behind the syndrome that are indeed real people.

So, as you can imagine... it upset some people. It is hard to understand how comments are meant online. I too can be blunt at times and not candy coat things... but I try real hard to read my comments and try and view them from another person's perspective to see if they would be found offensive.

And just for the record... downs syndrome people have the outer canthus of their eyes that slant downward.. not exactly what I would call "droopy" and I don't think I've ever seen a depressed looking down syndrome child.. to the contrary, they are full of smiles most of the time.