Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 PM
and Spy.

Doberluv,
I believe it means a breeding between a poodle and a lab (first generation), as opposed to breeding Labradoodle to labradoodle .

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Top Dog

Yes ... we've gone through this many times . Australian Labradoodles are nearing acceptance ..... several generations of breeding and a standard . Unfortunately the interest here is BYB or mills .... leading to the 40 at the HS. If I took the mixture of what ended up being a Golden Retriever and bred them could I call them a Golden ? Of course not ! Unfortunately , the next 10 years will be interesting . There are so many " designer breeds " .... and those trying to establish a new recognized breed . With each one , the puupy mills and the BYBs will fill the HS . Let's face it folks ... more families have dogs rather than kids today . What happens down the road ?! With divorce approaching 50 % .... most of the kids are spit in half and the dogs go to new homes . Sorry , it sickens me !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Big Dog

Squirts mom, sorry that you had to read such an insensitive comment. (((((Hugs))))) to you. Bubba, Nash's face is priceless. I love the video. What a sweet boy, and what love for him just shines from his parents faces. Though the uncalled for remark earlier, I really appreciate seeing how the people on this thread just rallied around the ones rightly offended , and such nice, kind things shared, about Nash, about dr. and Sophie, and ruby and her pups. I am new to this site, and I must say I was a bit discouraged when I first arrived, with alot of insensitive comments, and rudely presented opinions. Thanks all, and Dober too, for showing another side to Chaz. I have a goldendoodle, now 11 mths old. We are absolutely taken by him (Herbie). He is an amazing puppy, and we adore him. The combo of the qualities of the golden retreiver, and the standard poodle, have brought together such a wonderful combination, that we love! He is the most affectionate, easy to train dog that we have ever had. Herbie's picture at 9 mths old is in my profile. if you want to see what he looks like. His father was a silver standard, so he was black and has been turning charcoal,silver/white. Showpug, thanks for sharing the pics of the dear puppies, and I am hoping they all find a loving home.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Top Dog

BSan ... ( Hugs ) to you for posting !! Welcome here and please stay on !! We have so many caring people here for all causes . The Chaz site is really amazing !! Give Herbie a hug from me and a slobbery lick from Ollie . Will look forward to your future posts .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/

Last edited by bubbatd; 11-03-2006 at 11:05 PM. Reason: cf
Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Oh dear!! I want I want!! If only.. sigh.. I do hope they all find great homes.. they really are such beautiful puppers..

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I believe it means a breeding between a poodle and a lab (first generation), as opposed to breeding Labradoodle to labradoodle .
Ah-ha...I see. Well, so it's a fixed breed in Australia now, or just about? But you know what will happen...down the road, somewhere in the future, the same ones will be bred. The very best will be bred over and over again. Pretty soon, there will be no escaping it. Relatives will be bred together. And then the mutations start popping up, the genetic diseases.

Now....if a little ways down the road one of these dogs is bred to a dog who cannot possibly be related, that will diversifiy the genes. If that is done every so often, the mutations will be less frequent.

So, standards have been made for all these many breeds for a reason....to create breeds with individual characteristics and of course, the standards have had to be adhered to in order to have the 400 or so breeds we have at our disposal. However, those standards and that uniformity is a catch 22. We want the various breeds, but we're going to start seeing a lot of destruction of the breeds on account of the genetic diseases we've created by this uniform, selective breeding, this repeated breeding to relatives generation after generation. The further we go in time, the less diversity we have. That's just pure mathematics. And that's trouble looming for purebred dogs.

I just wonder if by using more than one breed to make a mix breed (not a fixed purebred) ...taking a Poodle and a Labrador most of the time when making a Labradoodle wouldn't be (ironically) better for the dogs. They may not have quite the uniformity, but they'd come from a more diverse gene pool and would have a better chance at escaping the genetic drift phenomenon which causes the mutations which cause the many genetic diseases or anatomical problems our dogs have.

I do hope scientists come up with a solution for breeders because if something isn't done, I'm afraid for the future of the purebred dogs. And if there isn't a standard, then again......what happens to the individual purebred dog breeds? It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Does that make any sense? Clear as mud, huh. LOL.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSan View Post
Squirts mom, sorry that you had to read such an insensitive comment. (((((Hugs))))) to you. Bubba, Nash's face is priceless. I love the video. What a sweet boy, and what love for him just shines from his parents faces. Though the uncalled for remark earlier, I really appreciate seeing how the people on this thread just rallied around the ones rightly offended , and such nice, kind things shared, about Nash, about dr. and Sophie, and ruby and her pups. I am new to this site, and I must say I was a bit discouraged when I first arrived, with alot of insensitive comments, and rudely presented opinions. Thanks all, and Dober too, for showing another side to Chaz. I have a goldendoodle, now 11 mths old. We are absolutely taken by him (Herbie). He is an amazing puppy, and we adore him. The combo of the qualities of the golden retreiver, and the standard poodle, have brought together such a wonderful combination, that we love! He is the most affectionate, easy to train dog that we have ever had. Herbie's picture at 9 mths old is in my profile. if you want to see what he looks like. His father was a silver standard, so he was black and has been turning charcoal,silver/white. Showpug, thanks for sharing the pics of the dear puppies, and I am hoping they all find a loving home.
Um, your dog is adorable!

I just keep looking at the picture of the female pup called "Mystic Rose" and I want her. She's so precious.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Harumph™©®

OMG I am in love with Mystic Rose!

Dr2, you have a VERY cute doggie there!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Harumph™©®

..you too huh Showpug? Is she cute or what?
Old 11-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Harumph™©®

((((Squirtsmom))))