Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Training the Trainer

Doberluv, you know I love you, and now I love you even more!

People who consistently lump Labradoodles in the same box as all the other doodle F1 crosses make me want to scream. The purpose for Labradoodles existence is clearcut and completely viable. If anyone bothered to read their history they would know this. Unfortunately the cross was SO successful and produced such a beautiful result that it became extremely popular, and then sparked the whole doodle craze, which makes me sick to my stomach.

All I can say is that there are 40 people out there who are soon going to know the joy of having a Labradoodle in their lives. There is no dog like them - I'm not saying they are better than any other dog - just unlike any other breed I know.

Oh, and if you happen to live in Australia, where they are a recognised breed, and where the breed originally started, then you get even better examples of this wonderful dog.

I hate all the BYBs and puppy millers who took on this lovely cross and made it a money-making game. It is such a shame and has created years of heartache for those of us who have Labradoodles and believe wholeheartedly in the betterment of the breed and the ultimate recognition of the breed.

Dr2Little - that baby of yours! OMG!! What a little honey and just like my Chester man as a pup, although with Ruby's face!! I can only imagine the kind of joy and antics you get from a baby with such mischief and pure innocent sweetness in it's face. Awwww......

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Top Dog

My nine month old daughter has Down's Syndrome, and while that is not what this post is about, I find it so discouraging that someone on this forum would post that. I came here because people seemed to be sensitive and caring. Thanks alot.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtsmom View Post
My nine month old daughter has Down's Syndrome, and while that is not what this post is about, I find it so discouraging that someone on this forum would post that. I came here because people seemed to be sensitive and caring. Thanks alot.
Please stay squirtsmom. Comments like that are not typical here on Chaz. The rest of us are pretty much polar opposite to what that awful comment suggested.

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtsmom View Post
You are right, that is discouraging and very rude. The good thing is, is that the majority of us are sensitive and caring. I am sure your daughter is beautiful and a huge blessing in your life. Some people can be very cold and I am sorry for that.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

Welcome to Holland ,Squirt !!!( Have you read that ? ) Wish I'd known this before !! I happen to have my Buddy Walk shirt on today ..Seems like yesterday our Nash was 9 months old !! Please , please Google my daughter's blog ... Mauzy's Musings ...so much support there !!!! We were blessed with over 500 babies to adults with DOWN SYNDROME this year !! Even Mom's with babes in vitro who have been diagnosed . Please pm me if you need a Grammy of a wonderful boy , who happens to hav DS !! (( Hugs )).

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Top Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Doberluv, you know I love you, and now I love you even more!

People who consistently lump Labradoodles in the same box as all the other doodle F1 crosses make me want to scream. The purpose for Labradoodles existence is clearcut and completely viable. If anyone bothered to read their history they would know this. Unfortunately the cross was SO successful and produced such a beautiful result that it became extremely popular, and then sparked the whole doodle craze, which makes me sick to my stomach.

All I can say is that there are 40 people out there who are soon going to know the joy of having a Labradoodle in their lives. There is no dog like them - I'm not saying they are better than any other dog - just unlike any other breed I know.

Oh, and if you happen to live in Australia, where they are a recognised breed, and where the breed originally started, then you get even better examples of this wonderful dog.

I hate all the BYBs and puppy millers who took on this lovely cross and made it a money-making game. It is such a shame and has created years of heartache for those of us who have Labradoodles and believe wholeheartedly in the betterment of the breed and the ultimate recognition of the breed.

Dr2Little - that baby of yours! OMG!! What a little honey and just like my Chester man as a pup, although with Ruby's face!! I can only imagine the kind of joy and antics you get from a baby with such mischief and pure innocent sweetness in it's face. Awwww......

Chester and Ruby

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
LOL Rubylove. Well??????How could anyone look at those faces and not see a huge cuteness factor? That is a scientific phenomenon (and term) and most, if not all mammals recognize and are drawn to the cuteness factor. (it's a survival thing) And when you peer beneath those dark eyes, beyond the cuteness factor, when you delve into the depths of those pools....Viola! You see the deep look, the thoughtful and intelligent look. LOL. Seriously, your little dumplings are adorable too. Do you have more pictures?

Grammy,

(((hugs))))

and a (((hug))) for your little dumpling.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I love Kosmo I wish i were closer....
Old 11-03-2006, 09:37 PM

Doberluv, Rubylove...and everyone else who said such nice things about Sophie....thank you all, I love her so much.

I wanted to be clear about how I feel about BYB's and puppymills producing
F1 doodles (like Ruby referred to) for $$$. I'm as against it as any other educated dog lover and in no way support this practice. I volunteer for a site dedicated to these mixes and it saddens me to see them in this position.
That's the reason that I researched and knew Sophie's breeder for 2 years (in Australia) before deciding to take the plunge. It was the best decision that I ever made....

Ruby....Echo Doberluv, we need more pictures please..

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 11-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Doberluv, Rubylove...and everyone else who said such nice things about Sophie....thank you all, I love her so much.
You're welcome. It's easy to say. I can see how you love her in your picture and in all you write.

What does it mean, F1 doodles?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Top Dog

Thanks Dober !!! You have no idea what joy and appreciation of life Nash has brought into our lives. As Chaz has broadened my appreciation of all breeds , Nash has broadened my appreciation of all special babies given to special parents . Yup !! I WAS a snob many years ago ... who would want a cur !! Who could love a disabled child ! Boy , how I've learned in the last 50 years !! Luckily my dogs through TDI taught me that every being has a reason . Well , I knew before Chaz , that every dog is special , but it sure has been re affirmed here .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/