Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Mistress Wigglebutt

Default As requested, some dane pics - RD LOOK!

I know a couple of these have been posted already but I was digging around and thought I would share some pics of the "love of my life" and "our protector" - aka Sarah (aka Puppy Whiskers) and Sasha.

They are mostly from last winter and a couple from this summer.

^ Sarah in her "winter jammies" - it's actually a foal blanket my mum made for newborn foals! Fits her like a charm!

^ Her favorite position of repose.

She likes it so much she usually grins.

More....

-----
Puppy Whiskers, Callie Dog and my Angel, trimming and watering the grass at Rainbow Bridge while they wait for me.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Mistress Wigglebutt

^ Sasha doesn't ALWAYS have the zoomies.

^ Sarah's second favorite position of repose - she looks so regal, this is the pose that has earned her title as the "Matriarch" of our home!

^ Sasha and AP enjoying the pond in front of our home!

^ Sharing snugglies and being silly on our couch. AP will probably kill me for posting a pic of her with hair like that! But to be fair, she cut it that short so she could donate to Locks of Love --- and she was only 12 at the time! Pretty big thing if you ask me!

More...

-----
Puppy Whiskers, Callie Dog and my Angel, trimming and watering the grass at Rainbow Bridge while they wait for me.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Mistress Wigglebutt

^ Sasha standing out - this was a couple of years ago, I think.

.... wait... that's not a dog!!!!

But it HAS stolen Gypsy's couch spot!

DONE!

-----
Old 11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Are you dead yet?

Oooh they are gorgeous! Sarah has aged so gracefully, she doesn't look her age at all. Sasha has beautiful coloring, wow. The pic of her and AP on the couch is hilarious
Old 11-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Kiss&Tell

I like the blue jacket
My page: http://www.myspace.com/irishdancer2
Old 11-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Snow Girl

Oh wow they both look great!!!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 11-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Mistress Wigglebutt

LOL I think Sasha was scared of the camera stealing her soul in that picture, mom reported that she kept ducking down!!

I love Sarah's blue jacket... I haven't been able to FIND it this year *annoyed*, will have to go on a grand search when I get a minute, for now I have been putting zip hoodies on her! LOL She stands for it, bless her. Doesn't take much to please that girl.

And as a reminder - Sarah is 11 years old, 12 in May... so she's definitely "an old girl" - she looks more or less exactly like those pics right now..will have to get some pics of her sometime this week!

Not only is Sarah an old girl, but she also survived 11 days this time of year in the woods during deer hunting season at the ripe old age of 9 with a mouthful of porcupine quills after slipping her collar in ONE unattended moment - that's all it takes. We're extra careful now! She was lucky to be alive at all when they found her and brought her home, a huge skeleton with skin stretched over it, we were sure she wouldn't make it but she's still with us. I prepared myself to lose her then so it has made these last two years all the more precious and wonderful for the two of us. Our relationship has aged like fine wine - I like her better as she gets older! She's such a faithful companion, she is just wonderful.

-----
Old 11-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

Beautiful dogs!!! The last picture is HILARIOUS! Your caption is exactly what *I* was thinking when I saw it! LOL

[Hudson's Blog] -- [Dogster Page] -- [My Website]
Old 11-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Wow, beautiful dogs!! I love the one with the little guy/gal on the couch and the ones of Sarah sleeping. Great pics, I love danes.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Mistress Wigglebutt

The goat kid was a pygmy goat kid that a neighbor had -- it was born in the winter, didn't thrive so neighbor called mom who is UNABLE to resist a downtrodden animal in need - especially if people say things like "That will never live," "that will never heal", "that thing ought to just be put down now", or "Holy ****, that's the biggest wound *I've* ever seen!!!" - LOL - mom brought him home, bottle fed him, he wore a little jacket to keep warm. Eventually we sold him as a pet to a family we knew through church who had another pygmy billy - who they chose to keep the horns on "because it looked regal" - wasn't long before their billy Kirby hooked Pepper and killed him. :P We were very distraught as a family.

I hate goats, by the by, except in small numbers.... which we don't have... 8 does and one full blood show boer billy in our barn right now. Garaaah.

-----