Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Dafuq?

I think it is equally inconsiderate to allow dogs to run loose. I'm in a semi-rural area, and our town keeps a pretty tight reign on things. I can imagine how crappy it would be out in the really rural areas. Our friend hit a dog on a rural road, and the owners swarmed out and attacked his vehicle as if it was his fault that the dog was in the road. If that dog had run out into somebody's farm, he could have been shot as well. There is just no justification to allowing dogs to roam.

To clarify, I don't agree with shooting a dog for no reason. But I'm also not a hunter. I have no idea how frustrating it would be to be waiting in a tree stand or actively stalking your prey, only to have a dog run out and screw the whole thing up. But I do know that I love venison. Yum.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 11-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Naturally Natural

it's not that those are exit wounds - its that the damage was done long before this dog came to the vet -these are OLD wounds, and infection has set in.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 11-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

that was probably a 12 guage. My ex shot my h orse, and it looked lots like that. People suck.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Harumph™©®

Oh God, poor baby. This country lets anybody have a gun.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

Awww poor poor dog .
Old 11-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Show Dog

looks like he got shot in the butt and the bullet fragmented out?

how's the dog doing so far?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Dafuq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberkim View Post
it's not that those are exit wounds - its that the damage was done long before this dog came to the vet -these are OLD wounds, and infection has set in.
Obviously a responsible owner. Lets the dog run loose and then fails to take it to a vet. Everybody can hate me for this, but I feel like there should be an equal or greater amount of venom towards the owner. It isn't just on the hunter.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 11-06-2006, 01:47 AM
Top Dog

no those are exit wounds...though filthy and infected, they are exit wounds. The bullet went in on the flank and blew out the front of his thigh. Bullets break down and fragment on impact, which is why there's two larg wounds...the bullet likely hit his hip, splintered, and exited in two spots. I've seen similar stuff while hunting.

This was a really horrible shot, done by what I'm going to guess is a 22-250 or .220 Swift. Very high velocity, very low bullet weight and density. Anything bigger, like a .243 or .270 or any 30 cal weapon (NATO 7.62mm), would have taken the reg off. In the high velocity weapon department, once you get bigger than a 22-250, you're looking at tremendous power and I've seen glancing blows do far, far more damage. At that angle it looks like shear stroke of luck that the bullet didn't enter his rib cage, and that he wasnt eviscerated.

What pisses me off is that the shot was horrible. If you can't kill what you're shooting at, you likely shouldn't be shooting at living things.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:42 AM
BusterLove

ergh... yuck