Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 11-02-2006, 10:23 PM
LillyLovr

Default Lilly Update

Lilly is MUCH better. Took her to the vet this morning. She does not have Parvo or an infection. Vet suggested some sort of stress. She was seeming anxious to me. Missing litter mates? Today, the anxiety is gone. Bowel movements are looking better. Vet suggested Pepto Bismal 1cc twice a day.

Have to say that she was a HUGE handful at the vet. Lilly wanted to visit with everyone. Vet Tech asked me not to let her down from my arms or touch anything because of the possibility of Parvo. Lilly let everyone within two blocks know that was not part of HER plan! Think I have a very social little girl with a big mind of her own. Very quick to learn. Crate training is such a blessing! She has taken to it very well and goes to the crate by herself when she is tired. Very few accidents and she has taken to running to the exterior door when she has to go. All this in a small creature that barely weighs five pounds. Amazing! Obviously, I'm in LillyLove.

Once again, Thank You All for your advice and encouragement. I'll make this site one of my favs.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Top Dog

Great news .... Keep reporting !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Twin 2.0

Good to hear! Sorry if we scared you, but sometimes you can't be too careful with puppies!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Top Dog

Whew! I bet that's a relief. It is scary when a pup has diarrhea. I'm glad everything is OK. You're a good doggie mom.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:45 PM
LillyLovr

I agree with you Zoom and Thank You for your interest, both of you. Think the Vet took pity on me because of the whole thing with my guy that had cancer--no charge today. Miss Lilly had been napping for a very long time this p.m. Think her little tizzy at the vet's tired her out. I'll be jiggeling her a little in order to get her up and fed & pottied so Mom can maybe sleep a few hours. You guys are wonderful!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:48 PM
and Spy.

So glad to hear she's okay!
You must have been SO worried about her! *Hugs*

Glad you like us .

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:04 PM
LillyLovr

Default Yes, Doberluv

Yes, it was such a relief! I lost my beautiful Teddy about a month ago to cancer. He was an Akbash mix. He was the most amazing dog. Akbash dogs are flock/gaurdian dogs and he absolutely lived up to the genetics. I have a flock of geese. Actually, they were Teddy's geese. He learned their language and could tell if the ganders were fighting. He hated them to fight and woud beg to be let out to break up the fight. Amazingly enough he would not hurt them but just run at them until they broke up. We have coyotes in this area and he was also on the lookout for them. He was forever sitting at my sliding glass door watching the geese. He was fearless about chasing the coyotes away. He will be missed and i worry about the geese since he is gone. But, with Lilly's little "attitude" I won't be surprised if she takes up the challenge. Already, she has noticed them and seems to be studying and reacting to their sounds. So many thanks for your interest! LillyLover
Old 11-02-2006, 11:16 PM
LillyLovr

Thank You for your interest Tucker & Me. It has meant so much to me that I've had dog lovers interest. Love your quote "A dog is not almost human..." Sometimes their love is too much to understand. Why do they trust us so much when "we" collectively have done so much harm to them? I've had so many wonderful experiences with dogs. So many times when they have been my protector or they have taught me something that I needed to know. So many thanks for your interest in my little Lilly, LillyLover
Old 11-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry about Teddy. What an interesting breed. I never even heard of that one. What a great dog he was. I bet Lilly will be a great dog too.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:05 AM
LillyLovr

Yes, Doberluv, They are very interesting. There are several sites on the web that discuss them. They are part of a class of dogs called: Guardian or Flock Dogs. They originated in Turkey and are especially used to guard sheep. I originally thought that he was a Golden mix but my Vet identified him as Akbash because of his size, 95 lbs, his double coat and his build. Unfortunately, he obviously had a very bad beginning and had lots of health problems. All the dogs that I've had have been great dogs. Some more of a challenge that others, I have to admit.