Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Low moan

Hi,

I had a question about moaning or groaning or grunting. I am not quite sure how to describe the sound my dog is making. He started to make this sound this past week. He does this low moan pigeon-like sound. He usually makes this sound when he is in his crate in the middle of the night either trying to wake me to let him out for potty or when he is trying to get up to our bed (he is still too small to jump up to our bed). I noticed when I ignore him...his low pigeon-like moan turns into a whimper...like a little whine. When my pup makes that low pigeon-like groan -- is that a sound that dogs make when they are upset or mad???

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Squishy face

He's probably just making it to get your attention!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Puppy Dog

Thanks Sweet72947! Do you think this something I need to correct? Or should I just let him be when he makes those sounds and just ignore him?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Big Dog

It sounds as though your dog, as stated, is meerly trying to get your attention. If all is well, health-wise with him, I would be inclined to ignore it as well. Otherwise, if he knows this behavior will envoke a reaction from you, imo, it will continue and possibly increase. And he will end up having YOU trained, instead of vise versa.