Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Don't encourage me..

Oh, how I wouldn't want to be a dog in your house!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFO
You guys are hopeless I'm just gonna go ahead and do what I think it's best. None of you are professionals anyway, just a bunch of obssesed people with an online hobby.

I've had 3 full life dogs in my life. A Collie when I was born (she died at 13), a Pitbull at 14 (he died last year at 14 years old) and now I have the chihuahuas. I think if I took care of my dogs while I was a kid, a teenager and in my 20s, I can perfectly take care of a couple of dogs in my 30s.

I came here for a single question (regret it by the way) and I got the Canine Inquisition on me. See ya fellas, I'll post pics of the pups if I still remember you then..

And by the way, they did the deed this morning
I think a post like this just goes to show how truly ignorant and selfish you are when it comes to breeding your dogs. - Your wants have obviously come first which is just too sad.

Lucy

~ My Blog ~
Old 04-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Riosmommy

Default This is making me Laugh!

Yesterday I just picked up my dogs brother from the airport to live with us. He is 2 years old and my dog Rio is 4 years old. Nicholas the new one started right away trying to do you know what with his older brother then this went on for hours and I kept tell them stop. I even called the vet. They told me to fill a can with pennies everytime they do it shake the can and say no. Well so far it has worked. Plus I think they did determine the alpha roll real quick. The new dog is very passive and my Rio is a guy who doesnt stand for much. So hence so far problems seems ok. New guy is notfixed yet but he will be in a few weeks. Waiting for him to get adjusted to new home. Didnt want to plop him off a plane and then go wham. Thats not a good welcome to NY type attitude. That why I laugh cause I read this and this was my problem yesterday.
Riosmommy
Old 04-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

Man, AFO reminds me of somebody off of globalpaw. She had a boy and girl Chi and wanted to breed them. They weren't health tested and they were both young. I think she eventually studded out the male to a BYB and she showed a picture of the mom with the pups. The mom looked like a Rat Terrier, but she was supposed to be a Chi 'worthy of breeding'.
People like this make me soooooo mad. Why ask for help when you won't take any advice at all? People that ask, "I want to breed my two Labradors because they are both pretty. What is the best way to do this?" And then everyone tells them that they are breeding for the wrong reasons, etc. and then they just say, "Well, thanx anyway, but I'm going to whether you like it or not." just tick me OFF! If they don't hear what they want to hear, they throw a fit. Ugh.

And, BTW, just because you are capable of owning a dog doesn't mean you are capable of breeding it. Those are two completly different things. I have no problem taking care of my dogs (and I'm 14). The only think I don't do for them is pay for food and vet bills. I pay for the special treats and toys, I give them the baths, I exercise them, I give them attention, etc. (My family helps, but I'm the main one.) Do I think I'm capable of breeding a dog? Heck no. When I get older, I would LOVE to get involved in a breed, start going to dog shows, help some handlers, learn the breed standard by heart, and then when I get even older, maybe even get a show quality dog and start showing and breeding. But in the meantime, even though I can own a dog, I am NOT capable of breeding dogs.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:51 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose's Gal
Man, AFO reminds me of somebody off of globalpaw. She had a boy and girl Chi and wanted to breed them. They weren't health tested and they were both young. I think she eventually studded out the male to a BYB and she showed a picture of the mom with the pups. The mom looked like a Rat Terrier, but she was supposed to be a Chi 'worthy of breeding'.
People like this make me soooooo mad. Why ask for help when you won't take any advice at all? People that ask, "I want to breed my two Labradors because they are both pretty. What is the best way to do this?" And then everyone tells them that they are breeding for the wrong reasons, etc. and then they just say, "Well, thanx anyway, but I'm going to whether you like it or not." just tick me OFF! If they don't hear what they want to hear, they throw a fit. Ugh.
She does. That dog doesn't look like a Chi at all--you're right. All I had to say there was to spay and neuter. I sadly was not feeling any joy for her.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
She does. That dog doesn't look like a Chi at all--you're right. All I had to say there was to spay and neuter. I sadly was not feeling any joy for her.
Yep, same here. One more litter of pups put into this world of misery. Hopefully, the pups will find good homes, but if not.....peace be with them through all of this pain that humans put them through by irresponsible breeding.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Well, the only thing that I see that's wrong with breeding is unhealthy dogs. So if you plan to breed just make sure your dog is healthy before doing that. How would you like it if you bought a dog that has lots of problems. What are you doing to do with that dog in the long run? Put it down? Give it away? This is the reason why you shouldn't breed unhealthy dogs.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:37 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose's Gal
Yep, same here. One more litter of pups put into this world of misery. Hopefully, the pups will find good homes, but if not.....peace be with them through all of this pain that humans put them through by irresponsible breeding.
Exactly. I find it sad that she says, "I want to breed my dog and I won't turn into a puppymill." Well, she's turned into a BYB, IMO. But I wish the puppies goodluck and hope they're spayed and neutered.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy722
Well, the only thing that I see that's wrong with breeding is unhealthy dogs. So if you plan to breed just make sure your dog is healthy before doing that. How would you like it if you bought a dog that has lots of problems. What are you doing to do with that dog in the long run? Put it down? Give it away? This is the reason why you shouldn't breed unhealthy dogs.
But also, irresponsible breeders often place their dogs irresponsibly too. So picture this:
A family wants a Basset Hound puppy because they saw a comercial with one in it and it was just sooooo cute! They look at an ad in the newspaper that says, "AKC Basset Hound puppies! Rare colors! Adorable little dogs that come pre-spoiled! Shots and wormed. Parents on sight." They say, "Oh, how cute!! And look, the breeder is only 15mins. away! Let's go!"
They get to the breeders house and they ask to see the puppies. The breeder says, "Right this way!" and takes them in his house into a sideroom. In the room are 5 rolly-polly puppies. They look and act healthy. The family asks, "Can we see the mom and dad?" The breeder says, "Of course!" and brings in two beautiful Bassets. These dogs look and act healthy too. The breeder says, "Before we bred them, we had our vet check them over. He couldn't find anything wrong with them." They ask how old they are. "The male is 3 and the female is 1 1/2. They are both really friendly and are just really good dogs."
They family ends up buying a lovely black&tan female. They take her home and for a couple of weeks they enjoy her. Then, after a while, she still isn't housebroken. She bays and howels and keeps counter surfing. When they let her into the yard, she always takes off running after the neighbor's cat. The Mom is about ready to throw a fit because her house has dog hair all over it, and "That dog smells and I have drool all over my best dress!"
They finally take her to the Shelter. They say, "Oh, she'll find a good home." A week later, she is put to sleep.

Off of petfinder.com somebody was trying to find statistics on the pet overpopulation. They gathered that every nine seconeds, an animal is PTS. For there to be no more pets in animal shelters, every single person (old or young) in America would have to own 9 cats and 4 dogs. So for a family of 4 that would be 16 dogs and 36 cats. They also found out that the BYBs are the cause for about 62% of all animals in the shelters.
So do us all a favor folks. If you don't have the time to breed responsibly, spay and nueter your pets.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Felurian

A quick walk through a shelter - especially when they're taking the doomed ones back to be euthanized - is a quick education on why it's not fine to breed just because the animals are healthy!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian