Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFO
All you guys are too obssesed with perfection..like any of you are perfect anyway!!! I breed them because I like the chihuahua breed not because I want a perfect chihuahua....Yes I have several homes lined up for the new pups and they are all good families that I've know for years....yes they are in good health...no I WONT nueter them....you wanna cut someone's balls off? start with yours!!!!!
We're not obsessed with perfection, we're obsessed with having healthy dogs!!!! We're not saying we're perfect! (Where have we ever clamed to be perfect?!! If you read some more of the threads you'd actually see that 90% of us are really hard on ourselves!!!!!)

I think if you really like the Chihuahua breed you should be obsessed with perfection!! Breeding should only be done for bettering the breed. If you over breed one species the young get weaker and more sickly and have more problems! They get further away from what the original breed was all about, and then you end up with funny little dogs that look nothing like what they are supposed to!!!

To neuter or not to is your choice, but can you guarentee two litters of puppies a year a good home?!! Every year for the next 8? Thats a whole lotta dogs!!!!

And as for the last part of your comment, (which I feel was totally inappropriate) I'm female, so don't have the necissary equipment and Gus lost his years ago!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
We're not obsessed with perfection, we're obsessed with having healthy dogs!!!! We're not saying we're perfect! (Where have we ever clamed to be perfect?!! If you read some more of the threads you'd actually see that 90% of us are really hard on ourselves!!!!!)

I think if you really like the Chihuahua breed you should be obsessed with perfection!! Breeding should only be done for bettering the breed. If you over breed one species the young get weaker and more sickly and have more problems! They get further away from what the original breed was all about, and then you end up with funny little dogs that look nothing like what they are supposed to!!!

To neuter or not to is your choice, but can you guarentee two litters of puppies a year a good home?!! Every year for the next 8? Thats a whole lotta dogs!!!!

And you shouldn't be hard on yourself, dogs/owners should be fun and loving

And as for the last part of your comment, (which I feel was totally inappropriate) I'm female, so don't have the necissary equipment and Gus lost his years ago!!

I didn't mean to be so harsh but it upsets me to see how much into the Hitler's Ideology some of you are. Hitler had the same mentality (The perfect breed). Dogs are creatures put in this world by God and perfect or not they should continue to exist. I see your point in the next generations to result in weaker and sicker dogs, however, people run the same risk and we still have babies. My dogs don't have anything abnormal or seriously wrong with them to stop them from breeding them. And if in the next generations they turn out funny little dogs then isn't that what they look like now anyway?

I don't have homes lined up for them for the next 8 years but I do have homes for them NOW. We'll worry about the next 8 years in the 8 years

sorry about the balls thing. I just think that is wrong to deprive somebody from that right...It's like abortion to me
Old 04-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Felurian

Chihuahuas are one of the many breeds that are suffering greatly - as a breed and individually - from gross overbreeding. There are countless Chis out there being abandoned, euthanized, left to suffer from painful debilitating illnesses, dying in whelp, all because too many were thoughtless and bred dogs that had genetic defects that were unapparent to a normal vet exam - and some don't even get that much care if it keeps down costs and increases profits!

That is what we rant and rave against. It's not the search for breed perfection for the sake of having an uber species; it is for the sake of the creatures themselves; their health, their happiness; their chance of having long, wonderful lives with owners who love them.

It's also for the sake of all of those animals dying unwanted and unloved in shelters and on the side of the road everywhere.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-14-2005, 08:38 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i posted this on another thread, another member posted it before me..i hope u do have homes lined up..you will be lucky if you do. i hope you female has no difficulty in her pregnancy, i hope you have had her wormed before breeding, i hope your male never gets testical cancer..it happens more than you know..thinking the way you do..is what causes sites like this to exist and i think it speaks louder than anything i could write..www.http://justonelitter.com/litter.html your dog is small but the expense can still be large. I hope you are prepared to vaccinate, and parvo boost BEFORE your puppies leave you.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Dogs rule humans drool

money money money

Visit my website on www.freewebs.com/animalllover
Old 04-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Playful Husky Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFO
All you guys are too obssesed with perfection..like any of you are perfect anyway!!! I breed them because I like the chihuahua breed not because I want a perfect chihuahua....Yes I have several homes lined up for the new pups and they are all good families that I've know for years....yes they are in good health...no I WONT nueter them....you wanna cut someone's balls off? start with yours!!!!!
You sound like a backyard breeder to me whohasent done their homework.

Well if you want to lose your ***** and possibly puppies by breeding her too young thats your own fault for being so dense.

Perfect Dog = Perfect health and could you keep the Hitler comments off here? Not very adult if you as me

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 04-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFO
I didn't mean to be so harsh but it upsets me to see how much into the Hitler's Ideology some of you are. Hitler had the same mentality (The perfect breed).

And if in the next generations they turn out funny little dogs then isn't that what they look like now anyway?

I don't have homes lined up for them for the next 8 years but I do have homes for them NOW. We'll worry about the next 8 years in the 8 years
Hitler had a very specific Ideology coming from a deep rooted fear of his own short comings, and faliure!! I really don't think that applies to anyone here, and I know you probably don't mean it too, it could cause offence to many people!!

You may love your Chis but i'm afraid it's a sad fact that if you breed often, one of your puppies will go to someone who won't love them! They will either end up abused, neglected, or in a shelter! Do you really wan this to happen?!!

Do you know what the breed standard is for a Chi?! Have you properly reseached breeding, have you thought it through thoroughly? It doesn't sound to me like you have!! I don't think any reputable Chi breeder would like you calling them funny little dogs!!

And I think the most irresponsible thing you could do is to adopt the "I'll worry about it, if and when it happens" attitude!! What will you do if you haven't completely sold a litter of puppies and your dog is pregnant again, and then when she's had that litter and you haven't sold all of them, and she's pregnant again and so on??!! are you going to keep hundredes of dogs?

Please think more carefully about it and Visit the One Litter Link that Smkie posted!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Active Pup

You guys are hopeless I'm just gonna go ahead and do what I think it's best. None of you are professionals anyway, just a bunch of obssesed people with an online hobby.

I've had 3 full life dogs in my life. A Collie when I was born (she died at 13), a Pitbull at 14 (he died last year at 14 years old) and now I have the chihuahuas. I think if I took care of my dogs while I was a kid, a teenager and in my 20s, I can perfectly take care of a couple of dogs in my 30s.

I came here for a single question (regret it by the way) and I got the Canine Inquisition on me. See ya fellas, I'll post pics of the pups if I still remember you then..

And by the way, they did the deed this morning
Old 04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Felurian

Actually, there are quite a few professionals who have shared their professional opinions with you. You are obviously nowhere near the mark. I sincerely hope your dog and her puppies - if either survive this grossly premature breeding - don't suffer too much.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Dogs rule humans drool

yr useless, not a proffessional breeder at all r u then, cos yr not bothered about them dogs, so wat u had dogs all yr life, guess wat so have i and i still wont b breeding them duh

Visit my website on www.freewebs.com/animalllover