Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
fastpitchchic

When it's time to get another dog, I will most definately get a Great Dane. Not sure if I will get one from a rescue or a breeder.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
there are a number of breeds i'm interested in right now. it's doubtful that i'd buy a pup from a breeder, so it'll depend on what shows up in the shelter or in a rescue at the right time.

current short list: doberman, border collie, standard poodle, shar pei, (another) pit bull

if the akc ever decided to open their performance sports up to mixed breeds, i'd go in for a grade a all-american mutt.
standards (poodles) are pretty easy to find in rescue groups.
Most people want the small "cute" ones.

Everytime I look at a rescue site they have a number of standards available

Elissa
Old 10-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I can't say. I love many breeds but knowing me I'll end up with a dog by chance and it might be a breed I'm not expecting or it may be a mixed breed. I don't know. What happens will happen and I'll know when it does.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:55 PM
orange iguanas.

Australian Shepherd!! Ahhh it'll be a wonderful day when I finally get one. Though that mostly depends on where I'm living, I mean if I'm in a townhouse or something I'd get a breed that's not as energetic...but as soon as it's possible, definitely an Aussie, lol.

Well I guess it'll really be another boxer, when Molly dies...if we can find an adult at the shelter, I reallyyyyy do *not* want a puppy!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-31-2006, 09:18 PM
just call me Nilly

Well my *next* dog will actually be my FIRST dog of my own, and probably won't be for a few year yet but we'll see. It'll be a Newfoundland. I know a great breeder that I have a good relationship with already, and I LOVE her dogs, I can't wait

Edit to add, the dog will be a housepet, but I'd love to get into water rescue, even if it's just for fun not competitive.

Last edited by vanillasugar; 10-31-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
BusterLove

i am planning on my next dog to be a kelpie. i want to put it in agility, obediance, fly ball and herding trials.
but that won't be for about 10 years or more. i got my buster for a long time and he'd die of jelousy if i got another dog.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Top Dog

*sigh*...I'm sooo undecided on which breed I'm going to get next. I've had my heart set on a Toller for years and would still really, really love to have one in 2008 as planned. However, I love Belgians almost as much as I do Tollers and have been thinking of getting a Tervuren or Groenendael instead. I'll be living on my own and want a dog that will protect me if need be, instead of bark and hide as Tollers tend to do. I obviously don't want a dog simply for protection. There are many other qualities I love about the Belgians. The security thing is just an added bonus. So, I'll either be getting a Toller or a Belgian for my next dog. Currently I'm really leaning towards a Tervuren and that is probably what I'll end up getting. I just love Tollers so much though, and it's hard deciding between the two breeds. I know I'll still have plenty of Tollers 'down the road' though, even if I don't get one in a couple years as planned.

Like I said above, my next dog will probably be a Terv. My next dog will be a companion, aswell as an agility, SAR, obedience, and RallyO dog. Showing would be an added bonus too, but if I don't end up with a show quality dog, I don't mind at all. The sports and such are more important to me.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 PM
BusterLove

yeah that got me. i'd love to have GSPointer or Irish setter or english setter or anyother ACD. but i think i'll go kelpie first.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Puppy Dog

Our next dog will be another Native American Indian Dog, Toller, or a shelter dog.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Harumph™©®

I think eventually I would like to get a Smooth Collie. I really think the Collie was the right dog for me. I am really enjoying this dog and she fits into the family perfectly. She's a little bit of the clown, a little bit of the diva. I little bit of the baby, and sooooooooo affectionate. She lights up every room she enters. I'm so glad I took my time and did my research before picking a breed. I was torn between Smooth and Rough, so I think I will eventually have both. But for now, I want to give the attention needed for Tosca to grow and learn.