Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Top Dog

Default Do your pets ever hurt you?

I think I've already seen a thread about it, but I figured I would start another - after all, I want to know I'm not the only one my pets love to hurt

Just tonight, I was scratched in the face by an overexcited Boris because of the kids at the door while I was sitting at the computer (going to be fun to explain that one at work tomorrow), and I have a one inch long cut on my left hand because my old cat can't target well when he tries to jump on the desk, and landed on my hand, all claws out Must be the third time he pulls that trick on me, too... *sigh*

So there, tell me I'm not alone...
Old 10-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Chloe has whacked me in the eye with her tail lol
Old 10-31-2006, 06:13 PM
Squishy face

My lab jumps up when she's excited and bonks me in the nose!! Boy, that hurts! Also, my guinea pigs scratch the he** out of me when I trim their nails! They hate that so much.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:13 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Aww poor you!

Lucas use to step on my feet! That hurt SOOO much!!!!
He also use to hit his snout against my face!! Now that was painful!! I would lean down just as he flipped his head up and the end results would be me in pain clutching my nose and him happilly trotting away T_T lol
Old 10-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Herding dogs rock!!!

Andy is bad about jumping on me when he's happy to see me. He's a little dog, but his nails are very sharp. Even if when I cut them they are still like little daggers. He's drawn blood on more than one occassion
Old 10-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Dog Show Addict

I have multiple bruises everywhere from playing with Riot lol

Riots "grandpa" has bruises across his hand from rough housing with Riot (his own fault lol He grabs him BY his teeth lol)

Riots favourite game is "find mommy" I'll hide under a bunch of blankets when hes out of the room.. then call his name saying "HEELP RIOT" and he'll come running.. he'll find me and then un cover me (NOT gentley ether lmao hes in a panic lol) and then he'll jump all over me soo excited to see me again lol
Thats just asking for claw marks, teeth marks and bruises! lmao
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 10-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Millie and Lucy scratch me in the face sometimes if they jump up. When I lived with my rottie he would step on my foot and rotate, leaving pretty colorful bruises on more than one occasion.
Blossom, the rabbit, leaves scratches on my neck sometimes when she's scarmbling to get on to my shoulder.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:29 PM
overdogged

luce broke my finger once....
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Are you dead yet?

Actually, not much anymore. Occasionally the cats will forget their manners and scratch me, and occasionally Ripley will jump up and scratch when I'm wearing shorts.

Dakota is very careful around me. When he jumps up on the bed at night, he tiptoes around and makes sure he doesn't even step on my legs. LOL, he hates anything that hurts me. A while back, I got a papercut and said "owww, dammit" and slammed the paper on the desk. Dakota jumped up, grabbed it and tore it to bits.

He wasn't always so careful though. As a puppy, he dislocated my kneecap several times for slamming into me. He used to body-slam me as a greeting. When he was really young, he thought my nose was a chew toy.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 PM
treehugging clicker freak

How did that happen Elegy?

Missy hurt my jaw with her big ole head... bruised it and even when the bruise went away my jaw was sore for a while. I kind of bent down into it though...

A cat I once owned climbed up a wall that I was standing next to, scratched up my face, and then latched onto my face and hung there until I pulled him off (which ripped my face worse). He was given to me as a "present" from the rescue I worked at; given mainly for the fact that dogs I foster need to learn how to coexist with cats... that worked out well... NOT

I'm considering myself really lucky with my dogs - after reading the other posts lol

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o