Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Since I've lived here , I've never had any !! This is the 1st year I didn't buy any candy !! Watch the neighbor's kids come !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-31-2006, 04:14 PM

we live rural, too....no kids. good thing cause mine wouldn't know what to do with constant doorbell! they'd probably get all riled at first, then bored. lol at least Addie would be bored, Hammie might feel like he's the protector.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Top Dog

Grammy, it was the same for us the first two years I was here... First year, no kid. So we didn't buy anything the next year, and bam, 10 of them showed up and we were all embarassed. We had a few least year so we'll see... lots of kids in the neighborhood but not sure they will stop here, as we don't know them much (although they probably know the dogs, lol).
Old 10-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Top Dog

I don't get trick or treaters cause I live in the garden level apartment of a brownstone. My landlords get the trick or treaters! But, I tell you what, I AM dreading taking Hudson out for his early evening walk (any minute now) and his nighttime walk (around 10-11pm). He will be very distracted I'm sure... There are be-costumed kids (and adults) EVERYWHERE here. Eek!

[Hudson's Blog] -- [Dogster Page] -- [My Website]
Old 10-31-2006, 04:29 PM
wolf girl

I'm not sure since this is the first halloween for both mine!! I think Moro will probably either hide or try to go out the door, so we might have to close off the bedroom. Although we might not get any trick-or-treaters... it's hard to tell... last year we only got a couple even though we're not outside of town. We got candy regardless, which will be eaten regardless
Old 10-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Active Pup

We had the "little devils"turning up at the door last night.My 2 ended up barking the hallway out at each knock.The little dog Rocca,he didnt like some of the costumes and growled at them with his tail wagging.After the 3rd knock my older girl decided it wasnt worth getting out of her beanbag to look.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Well, Hudson did great on his walk. It's a good thing we were working hard on attention and heeling the past week. I kept his attention on me, praising and treating all the way. He wasn't even spooked by the little boy who brandished a pitchfork at him. Jeez... some people's kids!

[Hudson's Blog] -- [Dogster Page] -- [My Website]
Old 10-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Felurian

Since mine launch themselves through the air, snarling and barking if someone knocks at the door it's a good thing no one would ever brave the driveway to the farmhouse for a few pieces of candy I can just imagine a few having to go home and change their costumes . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Are you dead yet?

Ripley barks and freaks out. All night.

Dakota usually barks the first few times, then settles down by the door.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Water Junkie

Well we do not do Halloween!

So I just took the dogs out and then are going to bring them in.....put the blinds down......turn off the front lights......turn on a movie....eat M&M's and nachos.....and cuddle with my doggies!

We have a church near us and they are having some thing over there and I can already hear the kids outside!!!

Grrrrr!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l