Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Are you dead yet?

Ugh, I hate the look of those dogs. Where's the athleticism there? They're just ego boosters. Decorations.

I do, however, LOVE the beautiful boy that adopt just posted. He looks like a baby (thought I saw puppy teeth in the first pic) Is he? Talk about a sweet face.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Big Dog

Thanks for your input everyone. I was just so bored today and came across the site from the bargin book. I thought dang, they are huge, i've never seen a pit bull that big, maybe thats the way they are supposed to be. But then i realized nooo. People say that steriods are often used as well. But not sure.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:20 AM
BusterLove

i don't really like the look of the puppies on the forst site... i dunno what it isn. they just don't look right to me

Old 11-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chul3l3ies1126 View Post
Thanks for your input everyone. I was just so bored today and came across the site from the bargin book. I thought dang, they are huge, i've never seen a pit bull that big, maybe thats the way they are supposed to be. But then i realized nooo. People say that steriods are often used as well. But not sure.
Check out www.apbtconformation.com An APBT is actually a medium sized dog & although there are no actual weight standards, the average APBTs way in between 25lbs & 65lbs 70lbs is a very large APBT.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Big Dog

Being a European I was always wondering what the difference between Americal Staffordshire Terrier and a Pit Bull was. The 2 breeds are not very popular over here, though you do see some nice AmStaffs at dog shows..... mostly of Italian breeding. There are some really nice ones, very muscular and strong. We don't crop the ears though, because in most EU countries it's against the law and you couldn't enter any shows.......

http://www.fourpaws.4t.com/
Old 11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Top Dog

This is the one who looks like a mix: This is our new stud "Azzurri Blu aka "Rhino"
Sire: Imperial's "Low-Low"
Dam: Infamous Imperial's Knotty Dread
"Rhino is pictured at 11 months and is showing a lot of potential. He's SHORT, thick & his head is 22 inches and growing.

I too question how many of these "breeders" mix with EB as well because that is the size, weight, height that EBs are.

RD-He is the biggest baby of them all *l* although he is full grown. He is about 55-60 lbs and as big as he is going to get. I would guess him at 2 years old? They were going to euthanize him after being available for only a few days, just because of his breed. And from what I understand a lot of shelters wont even adopt them out. He gets along well with dogs, and people. He is very easy going and laid back although still very active. He is actually still up for adoption although him being the first dog I have personally rescued, I am going to be very picky about who he goes to (not to mention his spectacular personality). A very nice lady with a local PB rescue pulled him for me.

Honestly I wish we didnt crop ears in this country either. It is a personal opinion but dogs look "friendlier" to the general public without cropped ears.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Staffy Smile Addict

I never said I agreed with their breeding, and I understand the Razor's Edge line just as well.

However, I do know that not all stocky dogs from this breed are absolutely mixed with something else. As far as using the English Bulldog in the breeding, maybe I missed something said earlier, but I highly doubt that's the case.
Mastiff breeds seem to be popular to mix these dogs with.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Big Dog

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Check out www.apbtconformation.com An APBT is actually a medium sized dog & although there are no actual weight standards, the average APBTs way in between 25lbs & 65lbs 70lbs is a very large APBT.
WoW, that's what is going to explain it all. That is an amazing difference. The way these pups are, they are so nice, tall, slim but built properly at the same token. I can't believe that. Those people thinking that they are bettering the breed standard?! Hmm... I'm sorry for believing them. I was completely wrong. Now I am going to say that I love all dogs the same, those dogs on the "bad" sites are just as beautiful in my mind due to the fact i love the four legged furry kids, but what the "breeders" are doing is wrong. They are clearly building them down. Thanx Miakoda for the lovely site.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:31 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

I would have to agree with everyone else here. Those breeders are a disgrace. And the dogs are WAY too wide/low/stocky, their heads are way to big, overall the dogs are a mess. I really hate seeing people breed dogs like that. It makes me mad. As someone already said, these dogs are supposed to be athletes not cinderblocks. YUCK!!! Run as far away in the other direction as you can.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

A true dogman or woman would never advertise as a Christmas present, or let the pups go like that. Also the APBT is not bred just for looks, but other attributes as well. Go to pitbullcommunity.com, and let them educate you. There is so much more to responsible breeding, and I don't know that much, only what I havae picked up from there. It is like this forum, very informative, and that is basically specific to the APBT.