Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Big Dog

Lightbulb This Pit Bull Site?

http://www.jovanspittclan.com/

This is a site of some Pit Bull breeders that live near my city. I found the site in the Bargin Book. Check it out and tell me if you think they are "good breeders" to me they look like they are truly bettering the breed. Also check out the links of other Pit Bull breeders sites. Do all Pit Bull breeders teach the dogs to attack an inatimate object viciously? There are some videos that the breeders took and posted on their site. Let me know what you think. They are really beautiful dogs. They look like the perfect example of the breed from back in time. Gladiator dogs.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Top Dog

'Two brand new litters ready to go. Great for Christmas presents.'

That would be my cue to leave right there.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Big Dog

Yea when I saw that I was like oooookay. Not good to give a pup as a christmas present if someone isn't ready. Especially someone that doesnt know about the breed. One thing though, do the dogs look just beautiful to you? Or are they somewhat tooo muscular? I beleived that is the way they are supposed to be bred. Just a question...
Old 10-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Top Dog

I love pitties Chul and they look beautiful to me but I don't really know anything at all about the breed so couldn't really comment. I just followed your link out of curiosity (and procrastination. I AM supposed to be working) but I'd have serious doubts about any breeder that was willing to sell pups as Christmas present much less the breeders of a breed that has so many cards stacked against it already.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Felurian

Some of the people from Game-dog's site can probably give you some excellent guidance on what to look for. They will also ask you some important and probing questions about why you want an APBT and how you are prepared to be a responsible and knowledgeable owner of one.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Collie Crazy

Pit bulls arent supposed to be such massive dogs, and they are breeding them way too big. A 4 month pup is not supposed to be 60 pounds.

The dogs are gorgeous looking, but the whole "Christmas Presents" and the page really gives me a bad feel. I dont see any achievements on the dogs page, just 'big head, ex weight, etc.'
Old 10-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Big Dog

That's kinda what I thought. But then someone said that they are supposed to be that big. From the breed standards, they are not supposed to be that massive, so i'm not sure what is going on. Another thing, can dogs be given steroids?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Big Dog

http://dogtopsites.com/pitbullheat/i...140413964.0795

Okay, this got me... Is it good for any breeder to have over 10 males and females? Just wondering. It looks like each dog is tied up to a different part of the yard, it does not look good. All are hooked on to a pole or something with a big chain. But yea, if someone can tell me about the number of breeding dogs, that would be nice thanks.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:00 PM
overdogged

yuck, more overdone razor's edge dogs.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Big Dog

Okay you all, sorry for all the site posts, but I'm bored and waiting to leave to work so I was looking at all the sites. I'm going to post one more. IS THIS RIGHT?! Look at the picture there, the female Pit Bull is tied and hooked to that contraption in order to force her to stand to breed. I believe that is just wrong and sick, or is it something breeders do?
http://dogtopsites.com/pitbullheat/i...115153279.6076