Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourjayne View Post
I read puppies will sleep 18-22 hours a day, especially at 2-4 months.

Louie doesn't drink water very often, I'm actually trying to encourage him to drink more.
Jackson didn't drink very much the first few days now he is guzzling it down. Unfortunately he had 3 accidents today, 2 within 20 mins of each other. He usually goes at least an hour before I take him out again.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Active Pup

How old is your puppy? 4 and a half months
What time does your puppy get up (or what time do you let him out of crate)? 8:30 except tues. and thurs. when i have to get up at 7:15, he doesn't like getting up that early though
What time do you feed him? around 9 or 10am then again at 6:30 when we eat
What time do you take away his water? never, but it's limited after 9
What time do you put him to bed? he goes in his crate around 10 or 10:30 until about 11:30 then he comes into bed and sleeps until 8:30!
How often does he take naps? one for an hour or two mid morning (around 10) and one for about an hour at about 7pm
Old 11-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Active Pup

Otto is 13 weeks today.
He gets out of the crate around 7 am now that DST is over (used to be 7:45)
He gets fed at 7:30 am, 12 noon, and 6 PM (we're retired)
He always has water, but in the evening the bowl has a smaller amount in it. (He's always thirsty.)
He goes to bed between 11-12.
He takes one nap in the a.m. between 9 and 11, another one between 1 and 3 pm, another one between 4 and 5:30 pm, one between 7 and 8:30 pm (to coincide with our dinner). After 10 PM he's bushed and sleeps soundly in his crate until we go to bed, when he's walked one final time and then put in the bedroom crate.

All napping is done in the family room crate (borrowed from a friend) and he sleeps in a crate at night in our bedroom. It seems like he has a lot of naps but we found that he does much better when he's not overtired and also when his naps are more or less on schedule. I know most people can't do this (we couldn't with our other dogs, when we were working).