Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-31-2006, 08:59 PM
TIGER.. Tiger.. tiger :)

I'm new. But he seems like a GSD.. but his snot is telling me hes a mix. It's not pointy :O
Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Puppy Dog

why do you think he is a mix??(was he free)anyway he looks like a Shiloh Shepherd as many already posted..But whatever he is hes a nice looking dog good luck with him!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:45 AM
Active Pup

Are Shilohs ears smaller? I think the ears are too small and the muzzle to short/Square? The eyes look to have a different shape and aren't set right.
I think (and that doesn't mean much, LOL! I don't breed or have much (any) expirience to make a ecucated guess) it could be a wolf hybred/ shep? or one of those belgium shepherds or sheepdogs, mabey, see, what do I know?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:39 PM
GSDluver4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerbaby View Post
Are Shilohs ears smaller? I think the ears are too small and the muzzle to short/Square? The eyes look to have a different shape and aren't set right.
I think (and that doesn't mean much, LOL! I don't breed or have much (any) expirience to make a ecucated guess) it could be a wolf hybred/ shep? or one of those belgium shepherds or sheepdogs, mabey, see, what do I know?
Belgian Shepherds are SMALLER that GSD's and have smaller heads with longer muzzles. When it comes to the ears you have to take into account the size of the dog's head. I think he is an ill-proportioned dog. He was bred for size but certain features did not grow to fit the huge size of the dog. Just goes to show that they are NOT supposed to be huge dogs and you can definately notice something "not right" about the oversized GSD's.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:48 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDluver4lyfe View Post
Belgian Shepherds are SMALLER that GSD's and have smaller heads with longer muzzles. When it comes to the ears you have to take into account the size of the dog's head. I think he is an ill-proportioned dog. He was bred for size but certain features did not grow to fit the huge size of the dog. Just goes to show that they are NOT supposed to be huge dogs and you can definately notice something "not right" about the oversized GSD's.
HMM. Interesting! Than-you for pointing out their differences. I wasn't sure about the belgians size copared to GSD. I am wrong though, it isn't a belgian or a wolf hybrid, right? It is an ill-portioned GSD?
Old 01-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Taxiderpy

He looks like a purebred GSD to me. The fact that his muzzle is squarish doesn't make him less of a shepherd, just out of standard, which isn't too surprising considering his long coat which is out of standard as well.

Dark eyes are preferred for GSD's, but that doesn't mean they all have them. Some of the dilute colors like blue and liver have light eyes. It might just be my monitor going out, but that dog doesn't look black and tan to me. It looks liver and tan. I see no chow, my cousin has three chow shepherd mixes from the same litter, they all have shorter rounder muzzles, black eyes (from the extra melanism in chow skin/eye pigment) and round looking faces.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
GSDluver4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
He looks like a purebred GSD to me. The fact that his muzzle is squarish doesn't make him less of a shepherd, just out of standard, which isn't too surprising considering his long coat which is out of standard as well.

Dark eyes are preferred for GSD's, but that doesn't mean they all have them. Some of the dilute colors like blue and liver have light eyes. It might just be my monitor going out, but that dog doesn't look black and tan to me. It looks liver and tan. I see no chow, my cousin has three chow shepherd mixes from the same litter, they all have shorter rounder muzzles, black eyes (from the extra melanism in chow skin/eye pigment) and round looking faces.
He looks black/tan to me.