Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-27-2006, 07:37 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

forgot to add Ruckus choke chain.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Don't have that many collars. I have ones that I want to keep that are ones that my dogs have grown out of and I have Mandy's collar from just before she passed away.
They have their current collars on now and I had to move Millie's purple collar with bones out because Lucy chewed it off her neck() and I replaced it with another one which was lime green and white checkers. Lucy has a solid pink collar now. It was a breakaway kitty collar, lol, the store where we were was out of dog collars Lucy's size so we grabbed a kitty collar for her. Of course it has that breakaway stretchy tie on it which I broke and replaced with a proper tie that won't break; otherwise walks would have been disastrous if she decided to pull or jump at a rabbit or something.
I have several leads, they seem to least much longer than the collars I have had. I have a pink one, a lime green and white checkered one, a purple one with bones, and I used to have many spare dark green and black ones which I think are now donated to someone.
Millie has a purple harness and Lucy a pink one. I also think I still have a teensy black harness that Lucy grew out of. I haven't seen it but I'm sure I would have wanted to keep that. I still have a tiny harness from when Millie was itty bitty that is pink.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Lord Cynical

Here's proof of my insanity...

This is the semi-complete collection. After taking these photos, I found about 10 more collars that I'd forgotten to put in the "display"

This is part of Ilsa's collection. There's her MAYA collar, her BellaBean, her rolled leather, her Iowa State collar, a couple lupines, another MAYA collar, her Gold/Silver Police Star collar, the pink leather collar with silver bones, a buckskin collar.... that's not the half of her collection!

And part of Ronin's collection... assorted show chains and fur-savers, braided leather, studded/spiked, hemp, a couple Lupines, a couple orange reflective ones we use during deer season, *his* MAYA and BellaBean collars, *his* sherriff star collar...

Adn lastly, their Glitter Name collars...

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 10-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Top Dog

OK You hit a nerve. LOL

I have for both dogs combined over 75 collars and approx. 50 leashes.

The best one is Red's Swaroski Crystal Collar. Expensive and it never gets worn, only when we go to a fancy place and that's not often! LOL
Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Walks into Mordor

I am also a sucker for collars. I don't have many, but I confess to spending literally hours going through websites to find the perfect collar for each dog. I tend to go for custom-made leather collars, and I'm a sucker for craftsmanship. Nowdays I don't really like anything you find in pet stores, just because I'm not happy with the way they're made.

Voodoo's collar is 2 inches wide, with brass studs and hardware. It's hand-stitched, and the back is lined with thin, suede-like leather to make it perfectly smooth on his neck. But sadly, he's about outgrown it. It's getting a little snug.

I'm embarassed that Zeus doesn't have one. But I just can't seem to find one that suits him. So I did what any sane collar-lover would do...I ordered leatherworking supplies. I'm a handcrafty type of person, so making my own leather collars sounds fun.

Zeus' will have celtic medallions on it. Voodoo's will be red with brass studs, and have stamped celtic emblems. I can't wait to get started. I hope they turn out well.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

Collars - well.... I found one that I like, and now all my dogs have them. MesAmis limited slip soft webbed collard. LOVE them. There is one hanging in the back porch for every dog, each with a tag with their name on it. Then I have the tagless ones that are just used for the odd dog I need to get my hands on on occassion. I also have a collection of martingale, choker, prong. I don't think I have a buckle collar in the house - no wait, I do, in the discarded collar/leash drawer. LOL.

Leashes... I love my leather leashes, but I did find one "designer" leash that I had to buy. It's black, and in pink embroidery it says... "One of us is a bitch". LOVE it!

U-CD Can. CH. Shay CD CGN HIC
UKC/Can. CH. Trouble and Can. CH. Skye
... youngsters Jesse, Tally, and Constantine
AND 9 little baby Tervs!
Old 10-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Here's proof of my insanity...

This is the semi-complete collection. After taking these photos, I found about 10 more collars that I'd forgotten to put in the "display
I'm so ashamed. Meg has nowhere near that many collars! My poor neglected girl Time to go shopping.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Harumph™©®

Ok I'm the odd man out. I only have two regular collars for Tosca. A leather and a nylon. Since she can be a bit exuberant I go for strength. The only time I buy one is when she has outgrown them. I am not into collars for her because her fur swallows them up anyways. I could have an old piece of rope around her neck and nobody would know. But I do have several nice leashes.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

I am SO GUILTY of this. Problem is, my dogs don't even wear collars! LOL!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Active Pup

Exclamation

Sizzledog and all collaraholics: you should consider to take a look on my web site...! I work the english way but i am in Canada.

http://www.mjleatherwork.com