Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Lord Cynical

Default Collar Collectors Anonymous

Anyone else collect collars? The collar area is the FIRST place I go when I enter a new dog supply store, or even dog supply websites. I have a huge collection of collars, which I regularly purge every few years and donate the "rejects" to the local humane society.

A few bright spots in my collection are:
~ a lovely handmade coursing collar imported from the UK... it has padded green suede on the inside! I never use it, it's purely a display piece.
~ two collars with my dogs' names on them in rhinestones. Ronin's is pink with white stones, Ilsa's is black with pink stones.
~ two handmade beaded collars
~ a collar with gold plated bones and buckle
~ two Bella Bean collars... very chic! Probably the most expensive buckle collars I own.

My dogs are currently wearing their rhinestone-name collars. I usually have them in their Bella Beans around the house - after all, I need to justify their cost somehow!

Fess up, guys and gals... I *know* there are collar hoarders among the Chazhound ranks!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 10-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Are you dead yet?

Hmm. I love collars, but have resisted the temptation to buy tons of them because I can never *see* them on my dogs. Dakota is currently wearing a light blue suede collar that I got at a dog show. Immediately after I got it I regretted the purchase, but it immediatey became his fave when I put it on. It has a little pocket attached to the d-ring to put the tags in, so there is no jingling. Dakota hates the sound of tags, for some reason.

Ripley is FUN to buy collars for, but it's hard to find the kind I like in his size (I HATE foofoo collars on little dogs, and that's all I can find)His normal collar is just a black nylon buckle one from petco, it's the tiniest size they carry and he's worn it since he was a pup. It's very soft and flexible now, and easy on his neck. My favorite collar is a leather one with rhinestones on it that spell out "stud", but his is gone now It was cheap and the little bugger broke it. I want another one for him. I really want to get a custom-made coursing collar for him, just don't have the money at this point.

I'm a leather junkie, especially when it comes to leads (I can't get fancy collars for my hairy beasts, so I get pretty leads) Right now my favorite piece of equipment is a thick, butter-soft braided lead that matches Dakota's favorite harness.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Lord Cynical

Oh don't even get me started on leashes.... I have too many of THOSE as well! My favorites have to be the costomized one Ronin got for his Breed win (there is a little plaque on it with his name, what he won, the show location and date, etc.) and my LDS Leather bullhide one with the alligator snap.

But I always use my signaturek9 leashes though - utilitarian and sturdy, my dogs are rough with their leashes.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Top Dog

I'm a collar hoarder too...Tango alone has over 20 collars. Pretty sad, considering she's a long coated dog and you can barely see them through her fur when she's in full coat during the winter..lol.

I'm not one for leashes though. As long as I have a few (various lengths) of good quality leather leashes around the house, I'm happy. I would like one more though, simply because I don't like the width of the one I use the most often. It's the only 6ft I have though (there is another one around the house too, but it's my mom's favourite and she won't let me use it).

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 10-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Salty Sea Dog

hmm lets see:

Vixie has:
Collars:
pink leather with diamond shaped studs
Cherry Blossom lupine
pink rhinestones
tickled pink paws lupine.
Harnesses:
pink gooby (puppia style)
red roman
red step in
Leashes:
pink flowey 8ft
red nylon 6ft
mini pink flexi.

Dodger has:
Collars:
brown leather with diamond shaped studs
celestial lupine
black and white rhinestone
blue muddy paws lupine
Harnesses:
Black Gooby
baby blue roman
black and blue step in
Leashes:
black nylon 6ft
baby blue 8ft
bably blue mini flexi

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 10-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Top Dog

You've hit on my greatest fetish. Meg has about 15 now, and I've only had her since February! Luckly, she's short-haired and a girl, so she's a blast to shop for! Every morning, I take two off her rack, and let her choose which one to wear. When she sees me reaching for them, she sits up in bed and gets ready!
A couple of my favorites:

-A pretty turquoise one with her name in white rhinestones.
-A brown leather collar with a brass nameplate.
-A lavender one with popsicles on it.

Today she chose her newest one - it has stars on it and says "Only Child". She has one pick one that I don't really like, but she will choose over all others; it doesn't make it into the selections often

Old 10-27-2006, 07:26 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

i love collars and if i had a short haired dog i know i would have tons!
Ruckus has so much fur i cant see a collar on him, yet i have 7 for him, and one comming in the mail (white nylon martinagle)
Old 10-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Top Dog

Hmmm I don't have that many collars, the old ones usually get thrown away when they get scruffy. She has her green, padded type one which she is wearing now, an older green nylon one, a rolled leather collar which she didn't like, 2 red collars and a pink one I bought on holiday in Florida (yes she actually wore pink lol, we even had a lead to match, she was a Barbie dog hehe ).

As for leads, a big thick red one, a pink one, a smaller green one, a black rope one and the one I always use is the D ring one, I LOVE this lead, I bought it from a supermarket about a year ago and it was only ***163;4, it's my fave though (only thing is that its black and yellow, reminds me of a bee lol).
Old 10-27-2006, 07:32 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

oh yeah, Ruckus has three leads.
one is blue 6 foot (nylon)
a retractable (looks to be 20 foot or more)
and a very cool black lead with white skull and cross bones on it (matches one of his collars)
Old 10-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Snow Girl

I don''t have too many collars but I sure do love them and will happily get more any day when I have the money.

Currently OC has a flat buckle leather collar
studded/spiked double leather collar
2 racing collars
1 flat buckly nylon collar
a chain show slip lead
a chain choker

Hmmm that''s only 7...not bad

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"