Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 04-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Big Mutts

Smkie, I love all your art, they're so great!
Old 04-09-2005, 12:10 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

sank you sank you..i am just being goofy and scanning all these scraps...thought i would share. I need a benefactor or benefactress to hire me a personal assistant so i can just sit here and make fun pictures all day..isn't that the way it worked once in the past? i know why so many artist women didn't get started until they were past the 50 yrs mark..it takes you that long to get the kids out from underfoot so you can get anything done. Here's a little owl for Saje and a wren too. i had a teacher in jr college that really liked my birds. I adore birds! i am very good working with them too. I can talk most parrots right off their perch and they will try to get on my shoulder or take ahold of my clothing. They stretch their wings and show me how pretty they are..and fan out their tail as if to say See how lovely i am? Working with them at the animal warehouse gave me a wonderful chance to "learn" their language. My favorite bird of all is the mocking bird. i painted these on the lids of little four inch square boxes i bought at the hobby store and then sold them for 10 each at Christmas time. it was very good practice to do all the little paintings. i got more birds if you want to see em
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bird wren bx copy.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg owl copy.jpg (18.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-09-2005, 12:17 AM
Big Mutts

Know exactly what you mean about the kids underfoot! lol Maggie will be 2 in July. Birds are nice but I never have liked them too much, have to have something cuddly. Love how smart parrots are though. You could make your own cartoon, just was thinking you should be working for Disney, but yours look much more real.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:24 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

When old man Disney was alive i think the animation was the bomb..but i think he would roll over in his grave to see what they are producing now. I would like to try Pixar studios..and think that being a sketch artist is what comes most easy for me...but i cannot move because of mom and kids so that is out of the question. It is a blast tho and i enjoy drawing like that most of all. To produce something identical..i figure is good skill practice, but a camera can do the same thing..to take it and enhance it is more art and therefor more interesting and less grueling to produce, but to take it and play with it is as fun as playdough for me. I do enjoy a serious study too because i think it sharpens my skill level...a challange. i thought my humming birds were in my documents and they are not..i lost some stuff when i got a virus once. I will post them another time.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Big Mutts

Don't they just draw first character and then computer image them now? I could work at Disney and do the fillins I love to color lol I can copy pics somewhat, but doesn't turn out real good. My dad draws really well will have to get some pics. He painted a Whinnie the Pooh and a frog on my wall when I was lil'.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:32 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Go DAd..i think they call the job a colorist, or something like that. i don't know how they do animation now. It use to be on glass plates like the old betty boop cartoons. You can see how lovely the depth in the backgrounds were then and aren't now. I know that Shrek and others were all computer and i wish i could have been on the ground floor of learning when they started that.ohh how i wish i knew but i don't. Holograms are fabulous too and i wish i could do one of those as well. That would be a blast. i heard there is a whole museum of holograms in New York City. I have collected a few that blow my mind.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Big Mutts

I saw the animation of the Lion King being drawn when we went to Disney once. I love Monsters Inc. It would be really cool to see how they make a hologram. It would be awesome to see the museum, do you think we could take a fieldtrip?
Old 04-09-2005, 12:52 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

im ready!!!! Here is the portrait i did of my mean next door neighbor when he had insulted me for the zillionth time..i told him he would have to be way more creative then telling me the bad thing he said..i told him he had to frown for a long time to get those wrinkes to pool in his neck like that..then i was still mad so i went in and painted his portrait..then i nailed it to the tree. this is just part of it...i painted his wife too but didn't bother to finish it. I had worked out all my mad by that time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bad neighbor portrait.jpg (34.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Big Mutts

He looks pretty mean and wrinkly lol I bet that is a good stress release. Will c ya later going to bed now
Old 04-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
Go DAd..i think they call the job a colorist, or something like that. i don't know how they do animation now. It use to be on glass plates like the old betty boop cartoons. You can see how lovely the depth in the backgrounds were then and aren't now.
My Grandma (Dad's mum) used to have a job colouring in all the old Black and White movies.You know the ones that look like Andy Warhol's been at them!

Smkie I love the owl picture! My friend is obcessed with owls! She even has a chocolate owl that someone brought her 25 years ago still untouched in her display cupboard! That's a serious collector!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch