Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-25-2006, 07:51 PM
BusterLove

Default mous HELP!

ok. i think i might go get Angus (female) a bigger cge today and a friend. her cage isn't big enough for a wheel or anything and seeing as i can't give her as much attention as i would like. i want to get her a friend (also female)

any tips on introducing them or will i be right if i just put them in together?

Old 10-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Rusty but Trusty

well when I was younger and had mice I just would clean out the cage really good and then put them both in together and my mice seemed to do fine like that. Although I should say that my oldest mouse was very patient and friendly to everyone. It might be best if you let them meet on a table or floor where it would be easier to break up something if they were not be nice to each other. Also make sure you get two houses for them and everything so they can both have a house and get away from each other if they've had enough of one another.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:34 AM
BusterLove

ok. well i put them in a shoe box because my new mouse (honey) was very nervous. they got on fine. no squabbling. but angus is always very well behaved.
their both in the new cage now. i'll put in a second house somtime. its just taht i'll have to take off the whole top and i don't want to risk loosing honey, she's still really nervous, angus has never been like that

Old 10-26-2006, 06:59 PM
and Spy.

Try rearranging the cage and clean it out with vinegar water.

Best of luck .

Just a heads up, if you get a female from a petstore that has them living altogether, you could get a pregnant one.

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:41 PM
BusterLove

mm. i figured that. but if she is, i'll just return the babies to the pet store once their old enough. i don't want that many babies

Old 10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Intro them in a neutral environment.. and keep them in seperate cages for a while..

This link tells you better than I could
http://www.rmca.org/Resources/mousefaq.htm

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 10-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Big Dog

I've worked at a petstore before, so i know how it is. You must be very careful when introducing mice of the same sex. I had a procedure that I had to do, the ones that had been there for a while i had them separated from the new ones. A guy didnt do this once and put the new females with the old ones, and well... it looked like a scene from saving private ryan. I'm not saying dont do it, just take time and have patience.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:52 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

i raised mice for petstores for 3 years.
with my females i would always just clean the cage out and put the new female in. NEVER had any problems

with males it is very common for them to fight to the death unless they are litter mates, and it is still pretty common then.
if you get a female from a petstore prepare for babies! but i am sure you cant take them back to the petstore if you wish.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I was fortunate that all the females that I got from petstores were never pregnant and they were never seperate. Although my females never got pregnant though. Me and my friend were about 12 years old when we had our mice and she had a male I had two females and we had all three mice together in the same cage for 2 weeks on several occasions and never had babies once. We were so dissapointed but I guess it was good that we never had baby mice!

Old 10-28-2006, 05:28 AM
BusterLove

hmm. yeah. i dunno. if she is pregnant i'll give them too the pet shop. and if she won't take them. i'll just have to take care of them i guess.