Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Pitbulls

I see a lot of pro-pitbull stuff on this forum which is fine and I see where people are coming from but really... I never hear of any other dog actually KILLING people (be it the dogs fault or not...usually the owners) except for Pitbulls. I guess on occasion a Rotty or something may do something like that but the bottom line is Pitbulls are dangerous because irresponsible people care for them. We can't change the people but we can get rid of the dogs. Innocent human life is more important then innocent dog like, i hate to tell you that.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Playful Husky Pup

are you just trying to get under peoples skin now?

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 04-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Puppy Dog

Well I figured I'd get under your skin and speak the truth at the same time.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Island dweller

Well, you're going to get a lot people who disagree here. And a huge part of the problem is that these pitbulls are not pitbulls at all.

Check out this site:

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

I'd like to know how many guesses it took you.

Not only that but there are many other breeds of dogs that are more likely to bite.

And why get rid of the good dogs of any breed when it's the people who cause it?

Watch out this to understand more:

Never mind it's being moved.

And I do not value the life of people over animals. In my mind they are equal.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Puppy Dog

That's fine if they disagree I don't really care but the bottom line is they can't defend that.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Island dweller

Of course we can. We do all the time. Read some of the past posts. Read my post above.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Bottom line pitbulls are not the only breed of dog who has killed people. And FYI most killer dogs you see on the news are pitbull crosses ( you should be able to tell the difference) and yes untrained unsocialized pitbulls have attacked people thats not the breeds fault.

I have been attacked three times in my lifetime twice by two different labs and then anouther time a lab BC cross hmmmmm.

I have gotten into fist fights over this with people I have met in person so no I don't take it lightly and yes it does get under my skin.

i own three pitbulls and their the best dogs i have had they sleep with my neices and nephews when they spend the night . They go everywhere with me and get along great with other dogs.

Oh yes they really deserve to die.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Playful Husky Pup

now you can't defend yourself i guess

Old 04-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Big Dog

It doesn't seem like you are making much of an arguement for yourself, Fandogg. I am sorry, I didn't see you provide any valid resources where there was extensive research showing that ALL pitbulls are dangerous and people should "get rid of the dogs", as you put it. Did I miss the research you did before making such a profound and obviously offensive statement?

The problem with ignorant people is they always generalize. There have been bad experiences with pitbulls whose owners obviously didn't take on the additional responsibility of training them and socializing them, and the ENTIRE breed should be wiped out.

I need to remind you: it is not the DOG, it is how the dog was RAISED.

Here is some information I found on one website which sheds some light on the whole "pitbull" issue.

One interesting fact: "Everyday there is a news story that implicates the "pit bull". 90% of the dogs implicated are NOT "pit bulls".

Hmmm... isn't that INTERESTING?

http://www.petitiononline.com/Bill132/petition.html

Here is another site:

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/welcome.html

Please, do some research before you form such dangerous and hateful opinions.

Yunalesca's Page:
www.catster.com/?136901
Old 04-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Felurian

Following Fanndog's logic(?) one could infer that since there are far more instances of people killing innocent people than there are Pits - or any other type of animal for that matter - killing innocent people, it is the people that should be exterminated as a species.

That makes at least as much sense as the original post - and follows the specious logic used by the original poster.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian