Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Felurian

Default Some Pit Education

There were some photos posted in another thread of some Pits. Some of you were appalled at their lack of bodyfat, others of you were curious. Three people who are familiar with those dogs posted and I closed the thread before animosities broke out and invited them to educate us about their Pits and conditioning, letting them know that Chaz members are a curious bunch and mostly willing to listen and learn, and that the only things we really have no patience for are BYBS/puppymillers and dog fighting.

So, how about we listen, ask questions and learn

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Show Dog

Here's the picture of the dog...

Old 10-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

I just saw the thread, and I wanted to post but it was closed. I actually thought the second pit looked great, but I want to know how far my "standard" for a pit is from the real standard.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:02 PM

I wonder if I would be ripped like that simply from dragging a 3/8" chain around. Im curious what the collar is made of to not be the weak link in that chain. @26,000lbs breaking strength on 3/8" chain compaired to about 6000lb breaking strength on the nylon if it is 2" which it looks smaller, seems like the fellow here is training for the olympics.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 10-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

Wow I've never seen a dog quite that ripped but I don't have enough knowledge to know wether a dog looking like that can in fact be healthy. The chain is certainly off putting since chained dogs don't usually have very good lives and yes indeed that looks to be on an awfully heavy chain --certainly makes you wonder....
Old 10-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Felurian

That's what this thread is for . . . to ask civil questions and learn something. I said you guys were a curious bunch of people who were open to learning new things.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Milo*Shady*&NaNuks*Mum <3

I've got to be honest the musculan pic in the first thread looking unnatural...but tbh im not used to seeing these dogs much in the UK...i'm glad you posted more because it was obvious they are in very good condition...lovely shining coats etc.
Sorry if you've already said but are these dogs your pets aswell or do you have kennels or something?
Old 10-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Milo*Shady*&NaNuks*Mum <3

Also wondering what kind of competitions do you go in for? Sorry if im abit slow..i dont know much about the breed.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:32 PM
overdogged

i'm curious about why the nickname "gamedogs" since no ethical dog owner or pit bull lover would ever really know if their dogs are game or not, since they'd never roll them to find out.

p.s. i think the dog looks fabulous.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 10-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedogs View Post
Here's the picture of the dog...
Is that all ???? no more info bout your dogs than the picture ....???

If I remember correctly we already saw the picture.......
Closed Thread