Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 10-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Squishy face

Maybe I missed a thread somewhere, but what IS Allie's story?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Rebel With Cause

it si under title Allie is gone
Old 10-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Active Pup

wow that was awesome, so well put. That is one of those things I want to copy and show to anyone who is contemplating getting a pet. The love we have in our house for our pets is so strong and so deep that reading that brought tears to my eyes. Your pets are very lucky I can tell. I sure do wish that every pet had a home like that. I have only been comming to this site for a short time , but I can tell that most of the owners here feel the same way.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:12 PM
#1 Animal lover :)

Talking So True!!!!

WOW! So true!
I feel exactly the same way about what you just said.
I keep telling people,there will be commitment to make when owning a pet.
That commitment is to love your pet,love it with all your heart and to give its basic needs eg food/water,get it checked out for an illness and/or treated for it at the vet,never leave your pet for long periods of time,etc.
Animals are like people,they have feelings,they feel pain,they get sick,they need to feel loved.So if no one can provide their pet with any of that then they shouldn't have gotten the pet in the first place.
Cya
Candace
Old 11-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Mommy loves me the best

My Abby was rescued from a lady with OCD when she was only 9 weeks old. She washed the poor pup no less than 5 times a day with a dandruff shampoo so Abby wouldn't smell. Some people want to be good to their animals, but just dont realize it until its to late that they cant.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Big Dog

I nagged my husband about getting a dog for 10 years, he was brought up with dogs so he knows what goes into looking after them. he was worried that I would get fed up with it after a while and that it was just this months fashion statement. So to show him how committed I was I wrote a paper on owning a dog stating how much time I thought I would need to spend with it, how much I thought it will cost, kennel fees etc etc. I spent 6 months doing this paper, where I gave it to my husband several times and he sent me away a few times as I had forgotten to reserach something or I had under estimated the time I would need to train.
I am so glad I did the write up as now I have my dog, I am still stunned how much time they need, how much training is needed, that they are like people,theyhave their own personality and their off days when they dont want to learn, how frustrating it can be at times. However on then plus side what you get in return is twice what you put in.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Top Dog

Sometimes people just get them on a whim, think it will be 'fun.' My daughter bought a pup from a flea market from all places, just as an i mpulse buy. Part pitbull to boot. I was not happy and did not want her. She is busy, has no free time, and is not responsible enough for one. Anyway, the little puppy got under my s kin, and I took her\Squirt. That doesn't always happen, and they end up at the pound. If you take a pitbull or mix to a shelter in St. Louis, Mo. they are euthanized. Alot of people don't realize that.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Great post Aussie ! Especially good coming from an ACD owner. If you can't offer daily mental and physical stimulation when choosing any herding breed as well as other active breeds get a stuffed animal dog
Old 12-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Active Pup

I thought this might help...

New Dog Necessities

1 leash, flea collar, tags & collar

2 food & water

3 excerise ( ie walks every day)

4 vet, shots are needed, among other things that a vet can help with

5 lots of news paper to help with potty trraining, as well as using a rolled up section for discipline ( do not beat your dog ...just tap it on the rear and give the comands "bad dog")

6 rewards for when your dog does good ...dog jerky , biscuits, etc...

7 doggy bed, unless you plan on having your dog sleep woith you in your bed

8 lots and lots of love and in return your dog will become your best friend.

Simple & Stress-Free Dog Training Transform Any Dogs Behavior Now

Visit http://www.restaurantandbar.org/home.html
Old 12-26-2006, 04:02 PM
No Sugar Added

I made an adjustment to number five:

( do not beat your dog ...just smack yourself on the head for allowing your dog the freedom to make a wrong choice)